Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hansofoundation website advertised on RTE2

Options
  • 15-05-2006 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Cool huh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Yup, I wonder if that was RTE's idea or if it was part of the episode...

I think any network who screens lost will be showing this ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Cant believe I missed the add :mad:

Does anyone have a link to it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Can anyone confirm it is the same advert which is on www.thehansofoundation.org? It's also likely to be included in the repeat this Saturday.

I agree it's being distributed by Buena Vista alongside the episodes - question is, was the Irish airing 'suppored by' anyone - I think the US one had 'Commericial paid for by Sprite' on it. Was the UK one?

Now, whether Irish people realised what it was or not is another thing...

And did it air among the other ads, as part of Lost (i.e. before the Lucozade sponsor sting?) or immediately after one of the Lucozade sponsor bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Yes, it is the same ad, but at the end it had something like "Go Online to www.thehansofoundation.org for more info"

It aired after the Lucozade bit, as the first ad in the first ad break.

I didn't notice a sponsor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

its sponsored by Lucozade

Lost that is. Is that what you mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

so was the hanso site a sprite thing since day one?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

That site gives me the "creeps"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Cheers for that Prospect. Sounds like a clever stunt all the broadcasters are getting in on.

Trish - I was wondering if the ad itself was 'sponsored' in any way (it was by Sprite in the US, drawing fans attention to the sponsor and Hanso in one go). But it's likely the show proper being sponsored by Lucozade made it impossible to also have the Hanso ad funded by any other company.

Lostexpectation - just in America, where the ad was labelled as 'Commerical paid for by Sprite', who caught fans attention in a spot that Sprite could otherwise just have filled with an ad of their own. But Sprite isn't involved in Hanso or the website in any other way.

More on Hanso from the Channel 4 'Lost Experience' site (ABC, Ch4 and Seven Network Australia have joined forces for hint sites to give clues as the shows progress in those areas): Call this number 0044 800 66 66 40!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

doh.ie wrote:
    Cheers for that Prospect. Sounds like a clever stunt all the broadcasters are getting in on.

Lostexpectation - just in America, where the ad was labelled as 'Commerical paid for by Sprite', who caught fans attention in a spot that Sprite could otherwise just have filled with an ad of their own. But Sprite isn't involved in Hanso or the website in any other way.

actually i think the hanso site is,but I guess it hasn't been since the beginning but since the site revamp and the announcement of the game last year, and alot of future game elements will be sponsored or just lead to ads.

hmm is lucozade made by C&C not coke?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yeah, I think it's part of a game called the 'lost experience'. Don't know what you're meant to do. That ad's on ch4 when lost is on in the uk.

Advertisement