Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 2X14 - "One Of Them" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 15-05-2006 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "ONE OF THEM" -

Episode Title: "One Of Them
    Airdate: 'May 15th 2006'

Synopsis (from TV.com):

After Sun getting injured, some of the survivors begin to think that one of the "other survivors" might be one of "The Others." When French woman Danielle Rousseau leads Sayid to a mysterious captive in the jungle, he becomes determined to find out if he is one of the "Others.'' Meanwhile, Sawyer discovers Hurley’s potentially devastating breach of the survivors’ trust and blackmails him into helping track an elusive island creature that won’t leave Sawyer alone.

Next Episode: 2X15 - "Maternity Leave" - May 22nd 2006

Link to US Discussion thread for this episode!

What did you think of "One Of Them"? 45 votes

0%
    6%
    JBoyle4evanachosBartronilic 3 votes
    13%
    Xcom2Buck OwensEvil_Bilboskibumquazzytrishw78 6 votes
    31%
    Crucifixeirebhoyyom 1Patricide[Deleted User]homerjkdjkeoghSilageFuzzy_DunlopAgamemnonBFassassinNUTZZJelloHaven't a Clue 14 votes
    31%
    sunbeamChazweemcdelekiddeisedollyKnifeWRENCHBinkaNewaglishBorat_SagdiyevpokerwidowgustavoKamiKazimetaforacoidi 14 votes
    13%
    snickerpussEKRIUQShabaduDadesprospectfobs 6 votes
    0%
    4%
    d-redserhappydaz 2 votes
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Not bad, glad Sayid was back in some significant capacity. I like his back-stories.
    Weird when the countdown went down, thought we were gonna see something happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode! The bit when the timer changed to all those symbols had me at the edge of my seat, wonder what would have happened had all the symbols changed over? The bit with the interrogation of the balloon dude was fairly intense, wasn't sure myself if he was one of the 'others' or not. Liked Sayid's backstory, let us know how he became so hardened.
    The scenes between Jack and Locke were excellent. Jack looked so demented and looked like he would have beaten seven shades of sh*ite of Locke to get what he wanted. And on the other hand, haven't seen Locke get so worried and worked up. Had a taste of this last week when Sawyer was tricking him into hiding the guns. Is Locke losing control?
    Not too sure about the ending though with Sayid talking to Charlie... Did he want Charlie to kill the captured guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Good episode. I agree, Jack looked really crazy when he was facing off with Locke.
    Also....was that Kate's da?

Crucifix wrote:
    Yeah it was. Nice link I thought.

Oh thanks Basq for posting the US discussion link, I hadn't noticed the Dharma symbol in the video that was shown to Sayid.
    I liked the last scene in Sayid's backstory: "Now you have a new set of skills." With the Dharma symbol in Sayid's background, maybe they were involved in turning Sayid into a torturer, grooming him for the island? Or I could be looking too far into things (habit you pick up from watching Lost!). But I did find that line interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Nice episode. Nothing above or below the rest of season 2. Typical "fúcking lost bastards" after the counter incident returning to 108. Felt majorly robbed by that one... but you expected it at the same time. As soon as I seen the glyph's though I thought feck, it actually can't be reset now. At last some action!

Anyway. Anyone notice how sawyer and sayid went back to their old tricks? (Hunting annoying animals and torturing people respectively) however the guys went a different way this time, with sawyer ultimately killing the frog and sayid not feeling any guilt. They are turning further away from civilisation, a barbaric theme from Lord of the Flies anyone?

Also interesting reaction with jack and Locke, surprised jack could overpower Locke in such a way. I'd have thought despite him being older Locke would be more than a match for jack. I'm getting the idea he could have fought, but he held back.

As for Gale, I hate to say it but I don’t think he is an other, in the sense of the others the plane crash victims fear (who I believe don’t actually serve as a threat to the losties apart from in their head. Have they really done anything except take the losties, claiming they are better off with them? Apart from Ethan who may or not have been with them, have they actually been hurt by any others?)

The whole point of "the others" is getting laughable now anyway. Locke put it well - it’s all relative. If we are to take what we know now at face value (as if) People have been brought to the island from the 2 sections of the plane, the Nigerian plane, Desmond's boat, Danielle’s boat, the bloody pirate ship that's lying in land with no explanation and now a freakin hot air balloon? Never mind zeeke and his army, we have no explanation yet as to how or when they landed here.

Gah, my head is spinning now with all the thoughts. Shame I cant turn this lost obsession off till the DVD is out and there are some nice complete theories floating about, but I cant. I've a feeling I will still be ranting about lost on some Internet 2.0 forum in about 15 years time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Anyone else notice something interesting about the American Army dude that spoke Arabic to Sayid near the end when he was let go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

My god that I was so suspenseful when the clock went to Zero. I knew it was going to happen on this ep(eek, read spoilers) but my god it was good. I'd like to know what the Egyptian heroglyphs mean if anyone has any idea? We never seen the second heroglyph but I was hoping the clock wouldn't reset.

Anyway, definitely the best ep in a long while. The backstory was very good and i really enjoyed the whole theme of it. A 10 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Chaz wrote:
    Anyone else notice something interesting about the American Army dude that spoke Arabic to Sayid near the end when he was let go?
    I think he looks a bit like...
    zeek - the "leader" of the others

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

[*spoiler*]write your spoiler here[*/spoiler*] < remove the *'s obviously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I think he looks like that zeke guy in the jungle , how some people around me couldnt see it earlier was beyond me, The wierd thing is the way he gave him that set of skills to use on the island.A pretty good episode, roll on 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Not a bad episode.

I agree with earlier poster, it was a bit dumb re-hashing the "Sawyer chasing an animal" scene....

Other things I noticed:

1. Kates Dad in Sawyers back story. Although I recognised him, I couldn;t place him till I read this thread.
    2. The army guy who showed Sayid the video, and then later released him, giving him cash. Wasn't that Biff, the baddy from Back To The Future? (Not that it is relevant to the story, I was just curious)
    3. When Sayid starts interrogating Henry Gale, and he forces him to sit upright. Early in that scene the camera quickly flashes at the back of Henrys head. It looks like there is the Darmha swan shape shaved into the back of Henrys hair?
    4. Where was the Dharma logo in the Scene where Sayid is released?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

which army guy was kate's da?
    It wasnt the beardy fella (And I dont think he's that zeke guy either - I know that actor (evil priest from carnivále+ evil warden from shawshank) and I dont think its zeke) -
    was it the guy who was talking to him first (asking about the pilot?)

Where was the dharma logo in the video? And anyone see that add for "thehansofoundation.org" - is this page loaded with spoilers or anything?

Great episode though - best in S2 yet - finally its getting a bit hardcore - sayid is a total legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

has no one mentioned the HANSO Corporation a Better way of Living advert during the first ad break. Has there been others that I've missed trying to escape those idots from the sponsorship ad I'm not drinking that energy drink till they stop showing those people I'll smack them if I see them on the street.

One of the better eps I've seen so far I like it. Nice to see the link between Kate, her dad and Sayid, is this before or after she blew up her step dad. I like the Darker Sayid. It's true what he said I didn't forget what they did, did you? Frankly yes I did.

If Jack wants to build an army there going to be fighting with flowers and reason. Not with Weapons and Violence, easy tell Jack doesn't understand warfare.

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    which army guy was kate's da?
    It wasnt the beardy fella (And I dont think he's that zeke guy either - I know that actor (evil priest from carnivále+ evil warden from shawshank) and I dont think its zeke) -
    was it the guy who was talking to him first (asking about the pilot?)
    It was the guy in the truck in the last scene who asked him did he have kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

seabee wrote:
    I think he looks a bit like...
    zeek - the "leader" of the others

Agreed. Perhaps not teh same person - awesomely close and might explain the military backgroud.

Did anyone notice that advert after lost last night?

It seemed like one of those lost story websites but I missed the address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I enjoyed it, especially how ominous the symbols on the counter looked, but it's annoying that nothing really happened and we didn't really find out anything. I've never seen a show that so consistently manages to deliver an anti-climax after a potentially exciting set-up. The CGI looked pretty dodgy too, they would have been better off without it.

I'm also really annoyed at those awful Lucozade ads, I always mute it at the ad breaks so I don't have to listen to them so I didn't realise what the Hanso ad was until it was over. I would haved liked to hear what was said during it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

If you go to their website, the ad is on it. The one with the Da Vinci drawing and the DNA strand.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Haven't really enjoyed the last couple of eps.

I just don't like anyone any more. The old reliable "good" charactors are all turning into paranoid freaks. Gone are the old Locke, popular Charlie and rough diamond Sawyer.

Bring back the original cast! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Crucifix wrote:
    WHO was Kates dad?..i didnt notice that...
    but did anyone notice anything strange about the video that sayid watched?did anyone else see
    it said on the screen: property of ... rousseau (i didnt see what came before rouseau)

or was that just my imagination?:confused:

• Advertisement

omg the plot thickens

I was watching another show Decoding Da Vinci secret socities on More 4 at the end of this Dan Rivers came to the conclusion that we as humans are not satisfied with the simple answers we will look for the conspriacy in our investigations or something like that...

I think when this is all over we won't be satisfied with the conclusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Thought it wasn't a great episode until the last part. The last part was brilliant.

Jack maintains his role as the second biggest pr1ck in the camp (Sawyer 1st of course) by both telling Locke to just 'shut up' and by grabbing him and pushing him up against the wall. Locke should've nailed him.

The symbols were strange on the clock thing. I saw what I think was a flame, an eye, a misslie. Anyone else have any other ideas?

I think that yer man is an 'other' as well. Did you see the stare he gave to Sayid after Jack stopped him? It was the same sorta one Sawyer gave to Jack after he took the medicine in the last episode.

I felt sorry for Hurley, well, who didn't I suppose. Didn't have the strength to actually walk away from Sawyer.

And it is nice to see Sayid return as an important character again. Allbeit, a violent return, but a return nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

I think thats the only thing we're all hanging on for - an explanation that is thoroughly satisfying. Every week it gets a bit closer (in terms of episodes), but it also gets a bit more convoltued and twisty.

There'll be so many people that'll be dissapointed by a crap explanation. I wonder if the writers even know how its gonna end. Sometimes I get the feeling they're making it up as they go along (which would be very annoying)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Yeah, we'll almost definitely be disapointed in the end, but I'm happy to just enjoy it while I do. I'm not one of those people who's desperate to just get to the answers (though so more exposition in that direction would be nice ;))

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    Sometimes I get the feeling they're making it up as they go along (which would be very annoying)
    Well, Abrams said he was blown away by the ending to season 2 when he came back from his Mission Impossible work, because all things Lost were done by his co-creator. I wonder does this indicate that they didn't have an ending thought of from episode 1, or does it just mean he liked the way the episode was put together...
    Anyway, bit early to be thinking about all that, still 10 or 11 eps to go in this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Silage

Thought this was a great episode. Plenty of stuff to think about. I think you're right about saying that people won't be satisfied with the ending. I don't think anyone will. I'd say the best thing for them to do is to end the whole thing in suspense because it won't make a difference in the long run.

I liked the way this episode came together, Sayid's backstory coressponded well to the plot on the island (as in sawyer's ep). The whole torture thing and him going back to his old ways. I also think sayid is right about Gale being an other, but why would an other let himself get caught so easily, i thought they were goin to let them live on island. His story was pretty solid.

I noticed Kate's father, sure it showed us a picture of Kate. Din't see the Dharma logo on that tape, well spotted.

As for the countdown timer, that was really intense. It seemed to be on a final coundownt with the glyph's like some sort of launch sequence. And did anyone else notice the sounds? It sounded like something was starting up.

Can't wait till the next episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

You are all in for a great episode in Episode 15.
    I'm going to look back on this episode to see that Rousseau mention.

How do you do spoiler tabs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I saw the sypnosis from sky for the next eppy. Sprung a theory will I'll keep to myself in case I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Share your theory!

Advertisement