Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox BIOS's?

• 15-05-2006 10:12pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

Just wondering if there are any other BIOS's (for XBOX) that are good, apart from the EvoX?

My modchip allows for multiple BIOS's, though I dunno of any that might be any good apart from the well known EvoX.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You mean dashboards?

Evox is very limited and imo crap.

XBMC or Avalaunch are the best.

And on the note of bios's, best not to mess with unless you're not sure, but I made a custom one, plenty of guides online.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

No, I meant BIOS. I've an EvoX BIOS, which was in turn linked to the EvoX dashboard, though now it links to UnleashX, which I find better. Didn't think much of Avalaunch either.

As it stands, SmartXX comes up with a menu showing all the available BIOS's. Currently I only have EvoX M8+ BIOS which fires up UnleashX.

What I was looking for was anohter BIOS, which would directly fire up XBMC for example, or Avalaunch.

I have 6 or so BIOS banks.

With regards XBMC, why is it that I can only seem to find Source Code downloads? I'm to believe the version supplied with Slayers disc is out of date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

byte wrote:
    No, I meant BIOS. I've an EvoX BIOS, which was in turn linked to the EvoX dashboard, though now it links to UnleashX, which I find better. Didn't think much of Avalaunch either.

As it stands, SmartXX comes up with a menu showing all the available BIOS's. Currently I only have EvoX M8+ BIOS which fires up UnleashX.

What I was looking for was anohter BIOS, which would directly fire up XBMC for example, or Avalaunch.

I have 6 or so BIOS banks.

With regards XBMC, why is it that I can only seem to find Source Code downloads? I'm to believe the version supplied with Slayers disc is out of date.

That's because it was compiled using an official Xbox SDK which if you haven't got a license for is illegal. Google Xbins. That is all.

byte

Achilles wrote:
    That's because it was compiled using an official Xbox SDK which if you haven't got a license for is illegal. Google Xbins. That is all.
    Last time I was on XBins, I couldnt' find XMBC (except for a page containing a link to the CVS or whatever it's called).

Anyway, I guess I'll have to venture back on EFNet then! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'm sure there are plenty of sources around.

You'd dont need to change your bios as its already boot evoxdash.xbe, the new xbmc use's a redirector, you place that in /C/ and rename it to something bootable(evoxdash.xbe) and place the XBMC folder in E:\Apps

Or, make your own bios ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Xbins doesn't carry XBMC, they have a seperat FTP for it.

byte

Even with the seperate FTP, all I can seemingly find is CVS releases, whatever they're supposed to be.

Advertisement