Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 'former' an acceptable description of an ethnic group?

Options
  • 15-05-2006 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

Heard this one recently

Former

plural: Formers

definition

- A person who is a native of a country formerly known as _________ [e.g. Serbia-Montenegro / Czech Republic / Russia etc]

OR

- A person who is a native of the former Eastern bloc/Iron Curtain country x [Hungary / Bulgaria etc]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

what a useless post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Gator wrote:
    what a useless post

In comparison to
    Gator wrote:
    NORTHSIDER!!!! leg it mate!!!!!

I cannot compete.

The episode of Hill Street Blues I'm going to watch later is called 'Gatorbait'.

Any connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

I'd like to add something or merit...but Im lost on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Heard this one recently

Former

plural: Formers

Outside of Dublin 4, it is pronounced (and spelled) "farmers". And yes, scientists are now convinced they should be classified as a seperate ethnic group, if not species... And I mean that in good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Gandhi wrote:
    Outside of Dublin 4, it is pronounced (and spelled) "farmers". And yes, scientists are now convinced they should be classified as a seperate ethnic group, if not species... And I mean that in good way.

Because lets face it, who in thier right mind would admit to sharing the same genepool as a D4 person? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Nothing to do with farmers dudes.

A simple question, no need to get facetious or hostile.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement