Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite horror story/concepts

Options
  • 15-05-2006 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

What are your favourite horror stories? Not just exclusively to films, but in general.
    When I was younger and watched Alien for the first time I nearly crapped myself, not so much at the film itself, but at the idea that there could be aliens.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Anything religious based scares me a little and I don't even believe in god!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hellraiser, or Constantine. Not that they scared me, but the concept of some of the sick twisted demons in Hellraiser and Constantine, they were just....creepy.

Same with Alien. It didn't scare me, but the thought of actually coming up in a situation like that in real life....that's scary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Has to be when I was a kid watching V.
    Remember having nightmares when they were first exposed as lizards. Had a mad crush on Diana although curiously when it was revealed she was a reptile it still didn't put me off, f.u.c.k the rebellion, just give me an hour as Dianas sex slave.:confused:

That was the only moment I would say that ever scared me while watching a horror series / film.

Only once after that did I ever jump watching a film and that was 28 days later when the infected smashed through the window of yer mans house where his parents had killed themselves. Everything was peaceful and mellow and then all of a sudden all hell broke loose. Think it was more un expected than frightening but I did jump.

My mate is a manager in one of the cinemas in Dublin and sometimes he lets me into staff screenings after hours to see films which will be released in the coming weeks. Watched the Blair witch in an empty cinema (about 8 people scattered around the room) at about 3 in the morning. later on that night going home I walked across a field on my own in pitch black to get back to my house and a ****in cat meowed in the distance. Nearly had a heart attack after watching the bit in Blair witch with the baby crying only an hour previous.

As for scary moments in movies I think I’ve watched too many horrors at this stage and I hardly react at all too them now. Would love to see a film that really scared the s.h.i.t. out of me but it’s just like watching melodramas to me at this stage.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

For some reason the film Event Horizon scared the bejaysus out of me... theres something about mutilation in films/books/etc that just rattles me... and that whole incubation of a foetus from Alien... *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Rhyme wrote:
    For some reason the film Event Horizon scared the bejaysus out of me... theres something about mutilation in films/books/etc that just rattles me... and that whole incubation of a foetus from Alien... *shudder*

Amen. Event horizon was just brilliant.

I'd have to say the best Story for a horror would be the "Resident Evil" story from the playstation games.

A huge Phramacutical company pretending to be nice are secretly using a wing of it's labs for Bio-Weaponry. Using a Virus called the T-Virus, You can heal certain disabilitys in some way, but injected the wrong way or directly into living tissue, can cause horrible mutation.

Brilliant. You should read the books by S.Perry. Brilliant story teller.

• Advertisement
Advertisement