Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E.S.B ad from the 90's

Options
  • 15-05-2006 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anybody remember the E.S.B ad from the 90's with a son coming home and his mother is making the bed and the car pulls into the drive and she's looking out the window etc etc? does anybody remember the theme song? It goes something like "And then I'll play the game of life/love and win..." :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Ya I remember that ad, didn't the son in the ad end up as a Tv presenter or something? anyway found the song lyrics here:
    http://display.lyrics.astraweb.com:2000/display.cgi?dusty_springfield..very_best_of_dusty_springfield..goin_back

Artist: Dusty Springfield
    Album: Very Best Of Dusty Springfield
    Title: Goin' Back

(gerry goffin & carole king)

I think i'm goin' back
    To the things
    I learned so well
    In my youth

I think i'm returning to
    Those days
    When i was young enough
    To know the truth

Now there are no games
    To only pass the time
    No more colouring books
    No christmas bells to chime

But thinking young
    And growing older
    Is no sin
    And i can play
    The game of life to win

I can recall the time
    When i wasn't ashamed
    To reach out to a friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

the guy in the ad is alan hughes (from tv3)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

I'm pretty another E.S.B ad title song was by Paul Brady, titled "Follow On". I was searching for it for ages!

Advertisement