Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] Fall Schedules.

Options
  • 15-05-2006 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭

This is the week where US networks announce their new shows (and announce the cancellation/renewal of old shows, depending on how they did).

The story so far regarding new/cancelled/renewals:

NBC

Axed/Ended
    Celebrity Cooking Showdown
    Conviction
    E-Ring
    Fear Factor
    Four Kings
    Heist
    Inconceivable
    Joey
    Surface
    Teachers
    The Apprentice: Martha Stewart
    The Book Of Daniel
    The West Wing
    Will & Grace

Returning
    Crossing Jordan (midseason)
    Dateline Saturday
    Deal Or No Deal
    ER
    Las Vegas
    Law & Order
    Law & Order: Criminal Intent
    Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
    Medium
    My Name Is Earl
    Scrubs (midseason)
    Sunday Night Football
    The Apprentice (January 2007)
    The Biggest Loser
    The Office

New series (Link)
    20 Good Years
    30 Rock
    Andy Barker, P.I.
    Friday Night Lights
    Heroes
    Kidnapped
    Raines
    Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip
    The Black Donnellys
    The Singles Table

Invasion also seems to be cancelled (they started too slowly, so lost alot of people before it got interesting - and it DID get interesting).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Keep up the good work Timay.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Thanks for the list.

Really looking forward to "Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

So no more Surface either, God damn it. I wanted to see where they'd bring that. So that's two decent shows (Invasion too) gone and yet they renew that rubish 'My name is Earl'. Well at least they finally seen sence and cancelled Will & Grace... and Joey :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Don't forget to include "Arrested Development" on the Axed/Ended list. That will be confirmed very soon, I'm afrain. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Fall Season Details are out very early this year.
    Don't forget to include "Arrested Development" on the Axed/Ended list. That will be confirmed very soon, I'm afrain.

That's Fox not NBC.

NBC seem to be the first to show their fall line up, (bad pun coming up) lets hope they don't fall flat on their face again this year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A cool rumour spotted this morning on Ain't It Cool said that The CW might be ordering 13 new Veronica Mars episodes for the autumn.... :)

Now if only someone would do the same with Firefly. :)

A cool rumour spotted this morning on Ain't It Cool said that The CW might be ordering 13 new Veronica Mars episodes for the autumn....

7th Heaven will be returning for an 11th Season. :(

Anyone have a link to theCW web site?

The CW hasn't been launched as a brand yet, AFAIK. It is a merger of the WB and UPN.
    The WB TV site is here (and it contains info about UPN shows, like Veronica Mars...).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Is there anything interesting coming up for the summer since Lost, Prison Break etc are coming to an end or do US summer schedules consist of reruns?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Invasion isn't NBC it's ABC, and it was renewed ages ago as it's the strongest ABC have been in that timeslot in ages.

• Advertisement

Invasion was killed by ABC, but may be picked up by CW. Its still up in the air, though.... We will know more when The CW announce their official schedules. (Link)
    Is there anything interesting coming up for the summer since Lost, Prison Break etc are coming to an end or do US summer schedules consist of reruns?
    Some new programs might appear, but I haven't heard of any yet. Shows like The 4400 and Big Brother are on, though... Stargate SG1 and Atlantis will also be on during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

sorry you're right, i was sure I heard invasion was getting picked up again. Such a shame though, cause after the slow start it got really good. I hope the CW pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Also, BSG is returning and is starting at end of October rather than the summer.

Good to see The Office returning.

Anyone know what Heros is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's a decent synopsis of all the new shows on DigitalSpy.. hold on, i'll find the link!

... here it is! (actually, just spotted this in TmB's original post)

'Heroes' sounds a bit daft but i like the sound of a couple of their shows: 'Kidnapped' and 'The Black Donnellys' (though it does sound a bit too much like 'Four Brothers' to me but directed by Paul Haggis, of 'Crash' fame) both sound good.

I think that the fact that i see at least two main cast members of 'Arrested Development' - Jeffrey Tambor (George Snr) and Michael Hale (Buster) - have new shows on NBC in the new season confirm it's dead and buried.

Good to see: Earl back, Scrubs returning, The Office returning, Veronica Mars possibly coming back. And finally thank f*ck they finally put the nail in the coffin of 'Will & Grace' - christ, that was horrible!
    TmB wrote:
    Now if only someone would do the same with Firefly. :)
    Amen to that, brother!

Heroes sounds like fun (if its done well). Sounds a bit misfits of science-ish.... It all hinges on whether they play for laughs (not good), drama, or a bit of both.
    Chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities. As a total eclipse casts it shadow across the globe, viewers follow a genetics professor (Ramamurthy) in India whose father's disappearance leads him to uncover a secret theory - there are people with super powers living among us. A young dreamer (Ventimiglia) tries to convince his politician brother (Pasdar) that he can fly. A high school cheerleader (Panettiere) learns that she is totally indestructible. A Las Vegas stripper (Larter), struggling to make ends meet to support her young son (Gray-Cabey), uncovers that her mirror image has a secret. A prison inmate (Roberts) mysteriously finds himself waking up outside of his cell. A gifted artist (Cabrera), whose drug addiction is destroying his life and the relationship with his girlfriend (Cypress), can paint the future. A down-on-his-luck beat cop (Grunberg) can hear people's thoughts, including the secrets of a captured terrorist. In Japan, a young man (Oka) develops a way to stop time through sheer will power.

'Heroes' sounds a bit like Mutant X..

.. i'm betting '20 Good Years' will be the first to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jor el wrote:
    they renew that rubish 'My name is Earl'.

:( i like that show :)

Mossy Monk wrote:
    :( i like that show :)
    Seconded.. fantastic show!

Excellent character and story driven comedy with a little moral in every episode.. brillant!

Best new comedy this season by miles!

ABC

Returning
    20/20
    According To Jim
    America’s Funniest Home Videos
    American Inventor
    Boston Legal
    Dancing With The Stars
    Desperate Housewives
    Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
    George Lopez
    Grey’s Anatomy
    Lost
    Primetime
    Supernanny
    The Bachelor
    What About Brian
    Wife Swap

Axed/Ended
    Alias
    Commander-in-Chief
    Crumbs
    Emily's Reasons Why Not
    Freddie
    Hope & Faith
    Hot Properties
    Invasion
    In Justice
    Jake In Progress
    Less Than Perfect
    Miracle Workers
    Night Stalker
    Rodney
    Sons & Daughters
    The Evidence

New series
    ABC Saturday Night College Football
    Betty The Ugly
    Big Day
    Brothers & Sisters
    Day Break
    Greg Behrendt's Wake-Up Call
    Help Me Help You
    In Case Of Emergency
    Just For Laughs
    Let’s Rob…
    Men In Trees
    Notes From The Underbelly
    Set For The Rest Of Your Life
    Six Degrees
    The Nine
    Traveler

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Axed
    Alias
    thanks god, they ran out of stories after three years,
    "what'll we do this year?"
    "what did we do last year?"
    "oh we brought back a longlost mother thought dead."
    "oh lets bring back a sister this time."
    :rolleyes:

but worse according to jim is back, james belushi is not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,140 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Oh crap, not more Desperate Housewives :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - 6 Minute Preview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo2klPzrYss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

CBS

Returning
    48 Hours: Mystery
    60 Minutes
    Close To Home
    Cold Case
    Crimetime Saturday
    Criminal Minds
    CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
    CSI: Miami
    CSI: New York
    Ghost Whisperer
    How I Met Your Mother
    King Of Queens (midseason)
    NCIS
    Numb3rs
    Survivor
    The Amazing Race
    The New Adventures of Old Christine
    The Unit
    Two and a Half Men
    Without A Trace

Axed/Ended
    Courting Alex
    Love Monkey
    Out Of Practice
    Threshold
    Yes, Dear

New series
    3 LBS (midseason)
    Creature Comforts
    Jericho
    Rules of Engagement (midseason)
    Shark
    Smith
    The Class
    Waterfront (midseason)

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

jor el wrote:
    that rubish 'My name is Earl'.

Go wash your mouth out!! Class show.

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - 6 Minute Preview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo2klPzrYss
    That looks feckin' awful! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

LFCFan wrote:
    Go wash your mouth out!! Class show.
    Oh come on, I can't be the only one who thinks that show is shite. Also, George Lopez gets renewed, come on. I think Chris Griffin summed it up about right "The George Lopez Show only furthers the stereotype that George Lopez is funny".

Not very many of those new shows sound that great. Have to wait and see I guess.

For The 4400 fans, it's back on June 11th. SG1 and Atlantis back on July 14th but no BSG till October 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

basquille wrote:
    That looks feckin' awful! :eek:

Awful seems a bit harsh. It comes across as quite preachy, and perhaps a bit smug but I'd say it's worth giving it a chance.

Sports Night & West Wing are both great shows.

Also, I'd recommend everyone check out Love Monkey. They only made 8 episodes, which VH1 have just finished showing in the US. A fine show that was cancelled before it got a chance

Axed
    Alias
    thanks god, they ran out of stories after three years,
    "what'll we do this year?"
    "what did we do last year?"
    "oh we brought back a longlost mother thought dead."
    "oh lets bring back a sister this time."

Ended
    Alias

As agreed by the producers of the show. And I am sure JJ Abrams isn't too worried. Roll on 7 years of Lost

I have only started watching since series 3 perhaps I won't bother with series 1 and 2 so if they are just coming up with the same storylines. But I like it.

• Advertisement

JJ has another show (just finished after 5 episodes, with confirmation of a second series) called What About Brian. It was actually pretty good - kind of like thirtysomething without the annoying theme music (and a better looking cast). No rambaldi or numbers in sight. :)

He also has a new show starting in September called Six Degrees. 6 complete strangers in New York and over the course of the series, how their lives intersect in unusual ways. Sounds like "Crash - The Series". Could be good if done right.

Advertisement