Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student dole for post-final yr

Options
  • 15-05-2006 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

As the last year has pretty much bankrupt my social, economic and sex life it seems time to burst on through to the other side of the 'final year' student.

My informers have laid the idea of enrolling for post-undergraduate social welfare benefits and I plan on hatching it.Three years of working too-bit underhand lay jobs sours the soul.Does anyone have any hints or customed clues as to suckling on the stately cow without delay?

Is there a time delay or preequisites other than being flat broke before one can feast on hard earned (other peoples) money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Once you complete college you can sign on but you have to satisfy the conditions:

To qualify for Unemployment Benefit or Assistance you must:

be unemployed,
    be under age 66
    satisfy the PRSI conditions or means test
    be capable of work
    be available for and genuinely seeking work
    be fully unemployed for at least 3 days in any period of 6 days
    have suffered a substantial loss of employment - this applies to unemployment benefit only
    be resident in the State

Advertisement