Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which would you buy?

Options
  • 15-05-2006 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all

I am currently choosing between 2 laptops

[1] A toshiba satelite pro p4 2.66ghz,30gigg hd cd writer
    [2] A packard bell Celeron M 370 1.5 GHz - 14.1" TFT, 50 gigg hd and dvd writer.

The tosh is obviously older but which is the best?
    Any opinions appreciated.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

the tosh is better.
    2.6 ghz v 1.6ghz
    what ram is in each of them?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Why is your choice confined to those particular machines? The hds on both seem relatively small in these times and while the Toshiba is faster not having a dvd writer may be a nuisance depending on your needs?

How are they connection wise for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

The Toshiba may be a little quicker but the P4 processor will be a battery eater. The P4's are awful for laptops if you ever intend to take it outside.

I'd get the Packard Bell myself, depends on price and what you need it for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Toshiba are generally good laptops from previous experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

terbo wrote:
    Hi all

I am currently choosing between 2 laptops

[1] A toshiba satelite pro p4 2.66ghz,30gigg hd cd writer
    [2] A packard bell Celeron M 370 1.5 GHz - 14.1" TFT, 50 gigg hd and dvd writer.

The tosh is obviously older but which is the best?
    Any opinions appreciated.:)

Same old story - what are you going to be using it for? Is battery life important? Neither of these will be any use for games, is that important? etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement