Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: time line and other queries...

Options
  • 15-05-2006 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

ok, firstly, what order are the flashbacks in? did the psychic meet claire or eko first? .. and what's his deal?

was he merely selling claire's baby to the highest bidder, or was he just trying to get her on the plane, as he knew it would crash..

... but why did he admit to eko that he was a fraud. could he have been a fraud, but got the 'gift' when he met claire?

secondly, who wrote the map on the door? it couldn't have been desmond as he was taking the medicine, unaware that it was making him worse... and why did they draw it wrong.. they have seven stations, but there are only six.

.. and how/why did they draw it. i can only think that found themselves in a 'lockdown' situation for a considerable time and it was there final message.

finally, how often are the food drops, and how come no-one saw/heard the plane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

As someone pointed out in the thread for 221, Claire probably met the psychic first cos he was harassing her ass for ages to raise the baby herself.
    Why couldn't Desmond have drawn the map? We don't know what the medicine does so why assume it prevented him from drawing it? I reckon it was him, except fot the fact that he would have written the lyrics to "Make Your Own Kind Of Music" on it as well.
    Maybe the Losties didn't hear or see the plane cos it was flying really high and had its lights turned off like bombers do. They're a right shower of blackguards, that Dharma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

i was referring to what it said on the map, nothing to do with desmond being incapacitated...

do you not speak latin?

.. Aegrescit medendo - The remedy is worse than the disease or The disease worsens with the treatment.

so it had to have been written by someone who knew what the remedy did..

... if the psychic met claire first (and we later find out that he's a fraud) WTF is her back story about? she's goes to see a guy who talks crap to her... what's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

The pseudo-psychic could have been hired by Dharma to get Claire on the plane. Maybe Desmond knew the treatment was doing him no good but he took it anyway cos Kelvin told him he had to and because he was afraid of what would happen if he stopped, same as entering the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

... but, the map itself appears to be hidden or written by someone who was trapped in there, having to write it via blacklight as the power was down.

whoever drew it was able to move freely on the island, and desmond never left the hatch for long periods of time

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

locke was separated from the girlfriend for 4 years , so he has plenty of time to get his legs broken/kidney failure/wheelchaired.

maybe when the fake psychic got a REAL and nasty vision with claire , esp if it was just after the daughter incident.

2 big shocks for the psychic in the same week/month he freaks out and gives her her money back & decides to get a real job.

so my money is on eko first then claire ,explains why he nearly wet himself when he got a real reading.

why he said child must be raised by u and why u must get on a plane , i dunno.

• Advertisement
Advertisement