Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North or South?

Options
  • 15-05-2006 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to update my laptop and have a couple of queries. Firstly; when buying from Dell would it be cheaper to buy in the north, paying in GBP or in the south with Euros.

Secondly, I'm looking to sell my current laptop.. It's 10 months old, Compaq presario M2000, with 512MB RAM, 1.5GHZ pentium processor and 40GB HD.. Question is how much do you think I should be asking.. I'm thinking 5:50euro ono. Is this ridiculous? THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT.. I JUST HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH ONE OF THESE SHOULD COST.

thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

Generally speaking you get slightly better value in the UK. Perhaps not on the headline figure but the promotions are often better - e.g saw a promotion last week in the UK where they were giving a free 19" TFT with the Dimension XPS, same promo wasn't available in Ireland.

I priced up a laptop recently and after paying fx costs I would have saved about €60 buying it the UK and getting it shipped here.

NI comes under Dell UK anyway but you could order from Dell IE and have it delivered to the North if you wanted.

Advertisement