Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Crusher - Where can I buy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Ebay can be a good place to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

The only ones I have seen for sale here are the ones for small drink cans. THe Betterwares catalogue and Argos do them I think

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

I saw this on on Amazon, but they charge around €30 for shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Anyone know where I could buy one in Dublin or online?

thanks

It looks like a waste of money, it only crushes aluminium cans i.e. coke cans, beer cans etc, you could flatten alu cans with your bare hands if you're careful, maybe that's what you're looking for but I'd reckon something that's designed to crush tin cans would be much more useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

I got one of those in TK Max for 7 or 8 euro. It can crush aluminium cans up to 500cc in size. I'd have to disagree with you Adrian, I've found it very handy when you have a good few cans to crush. Its a lot easer / more effective than stamping on them and safe and easy to use. I have it mounted on the wall in my utility room.
    A crusher capable of crushing tin cans would have to be:
    a) quite large if capable of crushing the cans quickly (lots of leverage)
    b) motorised otherwise - adding to expense
    c) quite slow if manual and not huge in size (some kind of worm gear or something?)

In any case I've found that my aluminium cans vastly outnumber my steel ones. I just throw the crushed aluminium ones and the uncrushed steel ones into the same container and seperate them at the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

I got one of those in TK Max for 7 or 8 euro. It can crush aluminium cans up to 500cc in size. I'd have to disagree with you Adrian

7 or 8 euro, fair enough, but I wouldn't give €30 for one. I've seen ones for flattening tin cans (As opposed to crushing them - pushing top and bottom together, as the alu one does) which aren't difficult to use, but as you've said they are a bit bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Good stuff, I guess they'd be handy if you were into your beans ;)
    It was a pretty good deal alright. Mounts to the wall with three screws. Only trick is to put a dent in the can first to make it crush easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

This crowd might have them:

http://www.ecoshop.ie/index.php

Their shop is in Wicklow. Their website doesn't seem to list all their products (just had a quick glance), but there's an email addy and phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

here is one that I have heard is very good , I have emailed and asked if they ship to Ireland .

seems to fit the bill for what I was looking for

http://www.ultimateanimals.co.uk/acatalog/cancrusher_can_crusher_.html

Advertisement