Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Many Seasons??

Options
  • 14-05-2006 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Does anyone know for definite that Lost will go on to 3...4...5.. Seasons or Will it end sooner.

I was convinced That on a trailer(for Season 2) I saw in Austrailia that the narrator(of the Trailer) said you;ve only seen Half. in other words Season two will end the whole thing.

On the other hand I've heard theories that it could and probably will go on for up to 5 seasons. Out of the 48 original people we've only been properly introduced to 20 or so of them. Them there's the tailies of course?? And the Others.

It could be good if it ended after Season two, then it would go down as a cult TV series... bla bla bla. But if it did go on for 4...5 seasons it could also be a good thing but of course we wouldn't want it to get drawn out too much and become "another one of them TV shows".

Does anyone have any Insite on this, maybe a Website link of somethink.

Cheers

oh and another thing: Upon reading another tread where J.J Abrams said this finale will be the best finale ever, does he mean finale to season 2 or the whole show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

A third season at least is fairly certin at this stage. Season 2 is almost over in the U.S. and things are just getting interesting :)

Think they've got five planned in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

JJ meant the finale to season 2. There'll definitely be a third series, and probably, barring rating going to ****e, a few more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Its gone on too long now...they shoulda ties up at either end of the first or second...ive lost all my interest cause it is dragged theese days...well sinse i stopped (a fer eps in th S2)...and i kno it supposedly goit better..but too late for me

I'd never keep track of or interest in a show like this if I had to tune in at a given time each week.

Viva la internet distribution. The business' involved in making these shows would really need to sort themselves out money-wise or they risk getting wiped out by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

iFight wrote:
    Its gone on too long now...they shoulda ties up at either end of the first or second...ive lost all my interest cause it is dragged theese days...well sinse i stopped (a fer eps in th S2)...and i kno it supposedly goit better..but too late for me

I completely agree with you. Its dragged out a bit to much already in season two. I was hoping two seasons would finish it off but it looks like they're trying to milk it for as much money as possible, and unfortunately the series is going to suffer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

They are also signed up for a film

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

rip2roar wrote:

Oh please god NO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

rip2roar wrote:

no i don't think they have abram (or whatever ya call him) said he always wanted lost to end on the big screen but he said it wouldn't happen. it's in one of the fan books thats goin around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

danniemcq wrote:
    no i don't think they have abram (or whatever ya call him) said he always wanted lost to end on the big screen but he said it wouldn't happen. it's in one of the fan books thats goin around

IO i hope so...a movie would just destroy any credability the show ever had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

they're will be 3 seasons...its on the website somewhere i read it last wekk..everything will be wrapped up in season three and there is no talk of a movie...

• Advertisement

they're will be 3 seasons...its on the website somewhere i read it last wekk..everything will be wrapped up in season three and there is no talk of a movie...

Our Survey says!
    Ehh.Ehh
    There will not be 3 seasons.
    The lost cast have signed a five year contract:cool:
    It will run for five seasons as of current understanding due to the contract terms.
    To those who say, "How long can you be stuck on an island!"
    They have currently only been there 2months, and remember the plane was 9000miles off course(If we are to trust the pilot,who in my opinion is not who he says he is)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Where did you read that?

I found this from IMDB
    'Lost' Stars Get Massive Salary Increase
    The original cast members of award-winning hit TV show Lost have been offered a huge pay increase in exchange for extending their contracts by another year. Touchstone Television has promised the likes of Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly and Dominic Monaghan between $20,000 and $40,000 more per episode if they sign for a third series, pushing some salaries into the six figure bracket. Fox, who plays lead character Dr. Jack Sheppard, has reportedly earned a minimum $250,000 bonus on top of the salary hike. The raise puts Lost cast members in line with the stars of Desperate Housewives. Lost, which sees a group of plane crash survivors stranded on a tropical island, has one of the largest casts and production costs of any US drama series.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-01-24

So that's three seasons that are certain, but I hope there will be more. I need my fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I hope they end it at 3. I'd manage to get through a 4th but it would be seriously pushing it if they ran it any monger than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

If they keep it interesting and entertaining, which i'm sure they're well able to do, then I think a fourth season would be good. I wouldn't mind if it ended at three seasons though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

during the first season, lindelof said they had enough to get them through 7 seasons, but it was far from decided.

Also, to note, imdb can be edited by anyone

Not the news section.

Ah, didnt see that;)

Advertisement