Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we in danger from people like this?

Options
  • 14-05-2006 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, this is probably going to be a rather controvertial thread, and I wasn't even sure what the title should be, but I saw something that was frankly rather shocking while reading this thread, and I think it's enough of an issue to merit a thread of it's own.

This would be the post in question:
    http://assatashakur.org/forum/index.php

I have been visiting this site for a few months now and just today I noticed there is a Pakistani man (Look for posts by NWO) on there from Galway saying **** like this:

"I believe that all non-whites across the world should join up and take on the white man"

"I live in ireland and i hope that so many 'illegal' africans and asians come over here that the cracker is drowned out of sight!!!!!"

"Hey everyone, I'm a Pakistani guy from Galway in Ireland and i've joined your group cos I believe in the unification of all peoples non-white so as to combat the injustices meted out to us by the white man."

I wonder how many more immigrants in this country feel the same way. Why is he here if he hates us so much?

Indeed, this raises a lot of issues about Multiculturalism, immigration and integration, and exactly what those things mean to the indigenous population of a country.

Now there are a lot of Irish people who are annoyed that there are people of other nationalities coming to Ireland solely for monetary reasons, or to exploit a flawed asylum sytem. But I don't think it's ever been an issue before, or anyone has really considered it, that there may infact be people of other nationalities coming here out of sheer hatred of us and our country, and with intentions of (for want of a better term) destruction. It's extremely worrying.

Why is someone like that here if they do indeed harbour so much hatred for Ireland, and white people in general? I'm not sure it's a large leap to assume that a person who hates us so much isn't exactly in our country with good intentions. Dare I bring comparison with Madrid and London bombings? How many other immigrants feel the same way, and could possibly pose such a danger?

I think that we were all pretty comfortable thinking that chancers like Kunle were really all we got here in Ireland, but this character popping up on the rader as it were, perhaps he's bringing up a very, very ugly truth that we weren't aware of before?

This is indeed very worrying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

IMO this would be a view of the minority. Most imigrants are here to get a better life for themselves. I can't seriously see hoards of people uprooting themselves and family to move to another country out of sheer spite for that country. It would be like me moving to Texas out of my hatred for Bush....makes no sense.

Personally, I have no problems with immigrants coming to find work here, I mean the Irish of all people should not have any reason to complain given our emigrant history. And as for the governments "plan" as mentioned in the linked thread, I seriously doubt they are flying blind and haven't done their research etc into the possible outcomes of a swelling immigrant population.

This should be an interesting thread......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

sprinkles wrote:
    IMO this would be a view of the minority. Most imigrants are here to get a better life for themselves. I can't seriously see hoards of people uprooting themselves and family to move to another country out of sheer spite for that country. It would be like me moving to Texas out of my hatred for Bush....makes no sense.

Well in fairness now, I'd say the people responsible for the Madrid and London bombings didn't have much affinity for the respective countries.
    sprinkles wrote:
    Personally, I have no problems with immigrants coming to find work here, I mean the Irish of all people should not have any reason to complain given our emigrant history. And as for the governments "plan" as mentioned in the linked thread, I seriously doubt they are flying blind and haven't done their research etc into the possible outcomes of a swelling immigrant population.

Yes, but immigrants coming here to find work is a completely different sitiation altogether, so lets stay on topic, ok?
    sprinkles wrote:
    This should be an interesting thread......

Indeed it should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

why was beer is life visiting that site?

its black panther type site it seems, hmm well Ireland isn't 1970s america...

black people can be racist too shocker, one man

maybe we could get beer is life and this guy NWO? to have a flame fight, that'd sort it all out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭happydaz

sounds like racist scare mongering to me....immigrants are here to work, asylum seekers are here to become residents of a safe country, and refugees are the lucky few who get allowed to stay and avoid perscution in their country of origin....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Well in fairness now, I'd say the people responsible for the Madrid and London bombings didn't have much affinity for the respective countries.

Yes, but immigrants coming here to find work is a completely different sitiation altogether, so lets stay on topic, ok?

Indeed it should.
    Sorry but I was commenting on the linked thread, as it was part of your point.

As for the madrid bombings, that is the response of a tiny minority of fundamentalists who decided to take things into their own hands, I don't think we either have to worry about them (if we do then we may aswell start worrying about getting knocked down by a car, or getting food poisoning from everything we might order in a resturaunt etc...) and I don't think it's feasible to eradicate the problem entirely. It's a point of view which the person has been led to believe is gospel. They won't be changing their minds too easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

No offense but read the site the forum is linked to. Its like posting about a forum member (pick loon of choice) of Stormfront and asking if we (insert ethnic minority) have anything to worry about said person.

Why is he here? Why to remove the white man of course! :)

Just to add BeerIsLife post is just a form of scaremongering.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This is indeed very worrying.

It's just like the mirror-universe Stormfront. I'm not sure I'd be over worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

We could be in danger of a disenfranchised minority deciding to blow a few of us up, but haven't we always? I'd be more frightened of the new young Irish gangland members than this particular immigrant with Mittyesque delusions of sedition.

That said, there could very well be a cell, or several cells operating within the republic and planning an action against us based on religion/race/creed. I just don't think they'd be posturing on the internet like the stormfront keyboard racists. Stupidity and prejudice comes in every colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

BuffyBot wrote:
    It's just like the mirror-universe Stormfront. I'm not sure I'd be over worried.
    Then again it could even be Stormfront. What better way to turn the average person against immigrants than by pretending to be one who is out to destroy the country?

[edit] Just to note I haven't looked at the forum and don't intend to, so I could be easily mistaken.

I don't see a particular need to be worried, there will always be people who want to take things to extremes either way. Thankfully they are in the minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mariners

Blowfish wrote:
    Then again it could even be Stormfront. What better way to turn the average person against immigrants than by pretending to be one who is out to destroy the country?
    Exactly! It's probably just agitators from Stormfront.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Does Ireland figure highly or at all on international hitlists? Does anyone know? to be honest, I've always felt that the argument that military use of Shannon makes us vunerable was probably over the top, but I suppose there might be something in it. My understanding is that Al-Queda is more a belief system than an organization, and so any crazed Muslim with a grudge could use it as a flag to rally to. So it's possible that this guy is an 'active looney', but probably just a fanatic in a bedroom, trying to make himself look big.Its possible it's a troll - based on what's quoted, I hasted to add, I've not looked at the orginal posts. Do Pakistanis use the word 'cracker'? Had a quick look through the site, looks like a Muslim version of stormfront. They are all talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

tbh wrote:
    My understanding is that Al-Queda is more a belief system than an organization, and so any crazed Muslim with a grudge could use it as a flag to rally to.

There is no such organisation as 'Al-Queda', it was invented by the American goverment to put a face on the Muslim extremists, you know, the terrorists hiding in there mighty fotresses in the Afgan mountains (:rolleyes: ...yeah, right). There is no organisation, just the 'ideal' which spread around the world by disgruntled and misplaced muslims etc.

Are we in danger from people like them? We're only in danger from them if you let it get to you and believe that we are, in fairness them comments were from one person, who knows what his state of mind is? You'll have people like that in every walk of life, be it radical Republicans or Unionists up North or unhappy imigrants down south. Fear is a weapon of terror, if you let it get under your skin, then its working. Wasnt there some important Muslim guy in Dublin a number of months back who told the 'Irish Sun' that Al Queda were considering bombing Ireland for its part played in the Iraq and Afgan war (ie, refuelling at Shannon), what did that do? Caused panic, thats what it was meant to do, or just like that guy whom the Americans captured and he told them that Al-Queda were planning to destroy the Golden Gate Bridge and that they had got the idea from the movie 'Godzilla', haha. The Americans released that to the press, the result was panic.

CroppyBoy1798

It's possible he's a troll alright, I mean even some of the people posting on that website seem to think he's a bit of an eejit.

Maybe I'm just being a tad reactionary here, but the idea of someone like this claiming to be in Galway of all places, it kinda hits home, if you follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Sand

TBH, that website is rather pathetic, much like Stormfront - a bunch of idiots reinforcing each others idiocy (inventing a mono-culture, where have I seen that before?). I dont see anything in it thats worth more than some eyes rolled. If I was 15 again Id register just to wind them up (Sand_X has a nice ring to it) but cant be arsed now.

Is there a potential threat from immigration - yes in so far as immigrants who suffer from "culture shock" can be very vulnerable to the "friendship" of extremists and their "back to basics" conservitism, that explains the West and its culture as evil and decadent. Its a relatively very small threat though - it needs to be addressed and not ignored, but neither should it keep us up at night.

It's possible he's a troll alright, I mean even some of the people posting on that website seem to think he's a bit of an eejit.

Maybe I'm just being a tad reactionary here, but the idea of someone like this claiming to be in Galway of all places, it kinda hits home, if you follow?
    It's true that it isn't nice to think of it being close to home. I'm a bit of an idealist of the 'why can't we all get along' type. In reality though there will always be a minority of bigotted people due to ignorance or a variety of other reasons.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Then again it could even be Stormfront.

I think you're giving them way too much credit.

BuffyBot wrote:
    I think you're giving them way too much credit.
    I certainly hope so!

Blowfish wrote:
    It's true that it isn't nice to think of it being close to home. I'm a bit of an idealist of the 'why can't we all get along' type. In reality though there will always be a minority of bigotted people due to ignorance or a variety of other reasons.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm the kind of person who thinks that everything can be settled with a nice pint and a good laugh, but then there's some extremist lunatics out there who don't drink! Chaos tbh! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

BTW, him/her/it or someone else having a bit of a laugh has registered under the nick of "NWO" and is posting about exterminating "the cracker" [Ritz, Jacobs, Robbie Coltrane?...]:) on the thread the OP referenced. It's his "mission" apparently and he is the "leader"!

fly_agaric wrote:
    BTW, him/her/it or someone else having a bit of a laugh has registered under the nick of "NWO" and is posting about exterminating "the cracker" [Ritz, Jacobs...]:) on the thread the OP referenced.
    Yeah I spotted that. I'm being optimistic and hoping it's a troll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

tbh wrote:
    Do Pakistanis use the word 'cracker'?
    I've never heard the term used outside of american pop culture tbh... at least not in the racial sense.
    Some píssed off white teenager probably wrote that while listening to Snoop.
    And introducing yourself with "Hey" instead of "Hi" seems a bit wanna-be yank aswell. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Indeed it should.

I'd also say they were Islamic Extremists. Different motivation I don't see sense in mentioning it reguarding the original Pakistani man.

Most non-whites like whites better than other non-whites. Worked in a pizza shop which was quite multi-ethnic, they're very clique-y but whites mixed with everyone.

Indian & Pakistani guys I've known commonly tended to bitch about the other nation - though that's actually more like Irish people bitching about the English

Isaiah Young Sam's Killers from Handsworth in the UK got life yesterday - A Carribean male murdered by three Asians for know other reason than the colour of his skin - though there was some previous tension. Google.

Think that guy from the original post was just a nut.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement