Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy Kill Boy

Options
  • 13-05-2006 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

anybody here listening to these guys? I got sent a sampler of their track Suize and its friggin amazing, its like listening to the Smiths again. :)

Any feedback on the album?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

edit: just checked out the online stuff at boykillboy.com, it's sounds really good. i'll have to check this out further, definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

I heard 'Back Again' its really good reminded me of Muse, album out on the 19th-next friday. They've been on TV alot lately....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Rollo.. they sound feckin' deadly!

Cheers for the headsup - will definintly look more into their stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Suzie is a very good track alright (don't get your Smiths comparison though). They sound a bit like the Killers slash Hard Fi slash Maximo Park. I thought they could be pretty big after hearing a few songs but you know after a few listens to the album i think they are starting to bore me, very little variation in sound from song to song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I think he meant he's excited about them, maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

(don't get your Smiths comparison though)..

when i first heard susie i was reminded of Morisseys style of singing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i think "suzie" is a quality song. anyone see the video? reminds me of "take on me" by aha!

just got my hands on the album at last. so far its brill. the first track is so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

same song over and over

i disagree

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Yerman reminds me a bit of Ray Davies. And by that I mean he's a) Old b) Balding and c) Grins a lot. He may or may not also be a deadly songwriter - time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

i heard "suzie" on the radio, listened to some stuff on myspace and bought the album the very same day. i never do that. i think theyre brilliant and its the first band in ages that ive liked all of their songs.
    there is a very strong possibility that they will be announcing more irish dates other than oxegen which is class! :)

ellenmelon wrote:
    there is a very strong possibility that they will be announcing more irish dates other than oxegen which is class! :)

An Irish tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

that's Dublin * 3 and Cork * 1 so with maybe an estranged location * 1 thrown in to even out the ol' geographic spread aka Galway/Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

comet wrote:
    An Irish tour?

all i managed to squeeze out of him was that irish dates would be announced soon..
    if they do cork and dublin i'll be happy..irelands small so i dont mind travelling.

sounds good cos i'm not going to go to see them headline a stage at oxegen

Advertisement