Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture in UL

Options
  • 13-05-2006 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Hows it going everyone....I'm not that confident of getting an answer here but I thought I'd give it a shot. Last year was the first year for the Architecture cours e in UL, and the points were 525. This year, however, a portfolio & statement requirement were introduced which meant we all had to heave our portfolios down to UL for examination (well, a courier heaved it). I am happy to say I got notification back saying I had passed this stage, and now it goes to points in the LC.

Surely the points won't be as high as last year, due to the numbers being decreased at the portfolio/statement stage? Would there be any way to find out how many applicants have gotten through (which is why I posted this here).

I have two scenarios floating around in my head; 1 - they cut the numbers down drastically and thus, the points must be lower than last year, as not everyone is going to get 525. 2 - they passed loads of people, thus having similar numbers to last year and subsequently the points won't change drastically.

Obviously I'm hoping for scenario 1, as I hope to not have to rely on high points a la UCD, which is 535.

Also, there's another new course in UCC this year, do you reckon that will have any bearing on points being lower in the other courses? (UL didn't affect UCD last year).

Any help anyone?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

As with most CAO courses it's a matter of supply and demand. I.E. the number of places available on the course versus how many apply for that course so without these numbers it's hard to predict what direction the points are going to go. Sorry can't be of more help than that. Best of luck with it anyway.

Cheers
    Rory

Advertisement