Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My thoughts *Episode 21 Spoilers + Episode 22 Promo*

Options
  • 13-05-2006 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Well, I just wanted to share a few ideas on the episode 21 and what is to follow after it.There were many clues which hint at what caused Lockes desertion of the numbers and button in the end.Of course the obvious that they were being watched and such but what I believe made him feel that the button is nothing is the log from the computer of when the numbers were pressed.Locke saw or will see if Henry actualy pressed the button when John was trapped under the door in Lockdown.Seeing that nothing happened after the buttons were pressed could lead John to believe that they are meaningless.So what does he do?He destroys the computer?He stops Eko from entering the numbers?What could this cause?Well, in my opinion,if Locke makes sure that the numbers are not pressed then that is the cause of the light which our Losties see in the Episode 22 Promo.Another plane crash because of the lockdown?No,it cannot be another plane crash, where is the massive noise of an explosion or people screaming.What they see is unbelievable to them but it seems good.When Claire says "Oh My God" she smiles at the beginning.A possible way off the island?A big ship?Tv Cameras?No, I believe that it is a flash of light from an explosion far away.I believe that the losties are on this island because the world is ending(They are there to start a new civilisation.The plane didnt crash).The Earth's Core has stopped.It is a mini world.The magnet at the centre acts as a substitute to the Earth's magnetic field in the core.Thats why they coudln't let Michael,Sawyer,Jin or Walt leave on the raft.They had to make sure that the raft was gone.If they were to just say "You have to turn back" they knew that they couldnt trust them to do it.Want to know why they took Walt?To keep the losties on the island.Michael wont leave without his son.Everyone else wants to help get him back so they wont leave either.If they had of blown the boat up and left Walt in the water they knew that he wouldn't survive.So they had to take him.The shark in the water was remote controled.It made Michael and Sawyer make a quick dash for survival, it pumped their adrenaline.

So what about the button, why is it there?To give them something to do and to make them work together.Some losties believe that if they leave the button, the world ends.So that in their minds means that they cannot try to leave the island again.

Desmond?Well, he was there because they knew that the losties wouldnt press the button unless they believed what was being said.Desmond was there because Jack knew him.He knew Desmond as a kind helpful person even from that three minutes in which they spoke in the stadium.This convinced John they were meant to press it and Jack that something bad would happen if they didnt.Desmond didnt know he was being used though.

The polar bear?Well, they wanted to continue a mini world am I am sure that there are other animals like that.

Why is there the line which they cannot cross?Well, because on the other side is where the island is controled.Underneath the ground most probably.It also keeps the losties sure that they have to stay on that part of the island and that they cannot leave.
    The healing powers of the island?They are also there to keep the losties from trying to leave.It helped Bernard to want to stay.They believe they cannot leave without losing something important to them.
    Just some thoughts, Ill post more soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

pretty impressive i never really looked at it from that point of view, i heard that henry didn't enter the same numbers as the rest of them and there are two other sets of numbers, but i was reading on the fuselage that the numbers are to do with parts of the brain that the disease they created affects and that could coincide with the ending of the world theory because maybe this disease causes anarchy across the world and that the losties are there to be protected from it. But nevertheless the numbers seem to becoming more an more important and maybe the numbers henry entered were different because they cause the hatch to do something different, maybe he didn't enter the numbers maybe he communicated back to the others in the same way michael communicated with walt. I have a feeling that henry is there for a greater purpose because i don't think the others would be stupid enough to get caught in a net, they seem to know alot about the island and i think henry got caught on purpose to infiltrate and monitor. But anyway i like your theory:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

I got half way through that and read about light and screams. Please put a spoiler over the bits to do with future episodes or put 22 in the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

I doubt the worlds gonna end...this isnt 24...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Spoilers Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Spoilers and please dear god use paragraphs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

well while i dont really agree with what you believe to be the reason they are there in the first place and the purpose of the island of a whole, i liked what you thought about the reason that Walt was taken and the purpose of the button. I just don't agree with any of these end of the world theories, although I admit they're plausible based on the evidence. But anyway good post, though again I'll echo what was said about spoiler tags and/or mention that it includes footage from next episodes preview

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Spoilers and please dear god use paragraphs.
    Touché, It hurts my eyes....

And any talk of future episodes should be spoiler tagged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

I put *spoilers* in the title
    Oh, sorry about that.
    The episodes of Lost that I get have the "Next Week On Lost" preview at the end(lasts 10secs).It is at the end of every Lost Episode in the US so I supposed you would get that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

rip2roar wrote:
    I put *spoilers* in the title
    Oh, sorry about that.
    The episodes of Lost that I get have the "Next Week On Lost" preview at the end(lasts 10secs).It is at the end of every Lost Episode in the US so I supposed you would get that too?
    The preview isn't on all of the eh....*cough* ....episodes we get to see, some cousins are good at removing them :)

Ha,I'll take that into account in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Isn't there a movie called the core where the world s core stops rotating?
    i doubt Abrams and co would just lift the idea straight like that, besides the world has ended scenario has been ruled out (world might end scenario is still on the table ala the utopian ideal), besides which if you had of thought about it a bit more the hanso.org is running in real time, i.e lost time is around november/december 2004 and hanso.org is real time which means the web is taking place in the losties future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They could also watch the video to see if Micheal shot them or not.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

That's providing that the location of where he shot the two of them was being recorded.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

yeah, they where not being recorded. if so it would have showed that to us as john and locke where leaving the hatch not sticking around. plus they would see michael did what he did. also everything was recorded in logs and it was dated back so long that i doubt they used vcr's to record.

anyway my thought on what they where looking at is one of the following.

1. something is about to land or crash on the island, something mysterious with doors but no windows and will make us wait till next season to find out. or maybe some more people landing on the island

2. the smoke/monster is finally revealed to all the losties and it shows them eitehr their future of what might happen or the past of what has happened.

the map on the hatch door showed a load of extra hatches. alot of people have said one is under water and would explain why that cable was coming from the water to the french chicks place. well the hatch is revealed to the losties from the water. or something comes out from the water..

other than that it could be god, chillin' watchin the losties, have a bud!! ha ha

oh also one last thing. did anyone else noticed that when locke was reading the printout it had several different sets of numbers and a semi colon after it with another number. as if there are more than one computer station and more than one set of number which had or have to be input. this couls mean either back when the hatches where originally being used, that there where different numbers to be input or that there are more than one hatch with people in it entering in these numbers. maybe in the other hatches that have not been found yet. or maybe there is more that one island or more than one set of losties inputing numbers right now.

stevejazzx wrote:
    Isn't there a movie called the core where the world s core stops rotating?
    i doubt Abrams and co would just lift the idea straight like that, besides the world has ended scenario has been ruled out (world might end scenario is still on the table ala the utopian ideal), besides which if you had of thought about it a bit more the hanso.org is running in real time, i.e lost time is around november/december 2004 and hanso.org is real time which means the web is taking place in the losties future.
    Hanso.org is a fake.It is run by Sprite
    It was on CNN and ABC news the other night.Ill get a link to the vid.

rip2roar wrote:
    Hanso.org is a fake.It is run by Sprite
    It was on CNN and ABC news the other night.Ill get a link to the vid.

i don't get this news can someone verify

on fuselage the writers of the show have talked about it saying how happy they are with the design etc, its regitered to abc, and its been verified as part of the lost experience along with also appearing as an ad during both lost in the states and lost on c4, the hanso vid (since the dawn of time) is played during these ads and now its a fake, really love to see the link on this....

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Scoops

stevejazzx wrote:
    i don't get this news can someone verify

on fuselage the writers of the show have talked about it saying how happy they are with the design etc, its regitered to abc, and its been verified as part of the lost experience along with also appearing as an ad during both lost in the states and lost on c4, the hanso vid (since the dawn of time) is played during these ads and now its a fake, really love to see the link on this....

Did anyone find the link on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

You're kidding, right? No way it's a fake.....

as far as all opinion goes the site is real, sprite paid for product placement..as i said before its been verified as a real site for the lost experience, and been discussed by the shows producers as a genuine site, its ci-used for advertising..

• Advertisement

Monster.com also has advertising on this.

Advertisement