Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late show

Options
  • 13-05-2006 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

I normally don't watch it, but there was somethign on last night which I am interested in seeing.

Does anyone by any chance happen to have recorded it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Give it a few days and the rte website will put up a few clips from it, hopefully one you want will be one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Gaybo was on it last night.

He really made Pat Kenny look like a useless presenter.
    Gaybo looked composed, like a complete natural while Kenny was so stiff, he was robotic like.

Also, when Gaybo went into the audience, Kenny followed him. Kenny looked kinda creepy to me..

Didn't see any
    thing else as Johnathan Ross was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,489 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I think there is a repeat of the whole show on Monday nights round 11 or half past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭smiling_time

didnt record it but found it very interesting. da vinci code debate and interview with the dude from city west!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Scoops

There's a repeat on Monday at 12:15am, if your not a nightowl just record it then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

ixus wrote:
    He really made Pat Kenny look like a useless presenter.
    Gaybo looked composed, like a complete natural while Kenny was so stiff, he was robotic like.

When Gay went into the audience, Pat looked a bit pissed off. I'm pretty certain he was thinking, "right now, half a million people around the country are wishing I wasn't here"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Twat Kenny asks the most ridiculous questions, I saw the show and he was really quizzing Jilly Cooper about how much money she had ??? :confused: Like do we give a sh*t? He is an awful presenter.

Sometimes I squirm or want to throw stuff at the telly when he is on ...

But he has always been a bad host, there was this old 1980's programme on (i think it was last night too or thursday night) and it showed Twat Kenny interviewing JR from Dallas, he was asking him awful Q's and saying did JR like being a bast*rd that all the ladies loved ?? :confused: ??

Down with Twat Kenny, get him off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Talkin of Plank Kenny. After his pay rise, he is now the highest paid in RTÉ, putting Gerry Ryan into 2nd place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

:confused: Pat has always been the highest paid presenter in RTÉ.
    Yes Gerry got paid more for his radio programme than Pat (incl some minor television work), but Pat's always been miles ahead, at around €560,000 methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

he deserves every penny of it.*

*forced slowly up his ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

rsta wrote:
    Twat Kenny asks the most ridiculous questions, I saw the show and he was really quizzing Jilly Cooper about how much money she had ??? :confused: Like do we give a sh*t? He is an awful presenter.

the bigger problem was she was on the show at all....

she was the one guest too many for this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Telef&#237 wrote: »
    :confused: Pat has always been the highest paid presenter in RTÉ.
    Yes Gerry got paid more for his radio programme than Pat (incl some minor television work), but Pat's always been miles ahead, at around €560,000 methinks.
    Gerry Ryan was highest paid last time around. As in altogether, highest paid in RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

But.... but .............. the needle threading contest was the most exciting thing on RTE ever!!!!

It was bill.

Pat: "and she's got the thread through the first needle!"

And your one who admitted she couldnt see what she was doing and that she needed glasses!!!!

Oh christ, if only Dermot Morgan (not to mention Kevin Marron) were alive to see that - THAT - being presented as tellyfeckinvision!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

The Di Vinci code debate reminded me of how conservative this country still is. Now I know that the book is complete waffle but I saw word's like heretic going by on the little text think at the bottom. There was even stuff like, satan spreading evil in such ways. And the priests.....it all reminds me of Life of Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

But.... but .............. the needle threading contest was the most exciting thing on RTE ever!!!!

It was bill.

Pat: "and she's got the thread through the first needle!"

And your one who admitted she couldnt see what she was doing and that she needed glasses!!!!

Oh christ, if only Dermot Morgan (not to mention Kevin Marron) were alive to see that - THAT - being presented as tellyfeckinvision!!

yeah id forgotten about that needle threading contest... what was that all about... That was hillarious with the woman borrowing a pair of glasses of someone in the audience... :D

when will that Twat retire...

Down with Twat Kenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

The Di Vinci code debate reminded me of how conservative this country still is. Now I know that the book is complete waffle but I saw word's like heretic going by on the little text think at the bottom. There was even stuff like, satan spreading evil in such ways. And the priests.....it all reminds me of Life of Brian.

That was funny though!

Q: Why are there no women priests?
    A (from priest with ardent certainty): Because the Lord wouldn't have wanted it!

As for the Gaybo bit, that was painful to watch. Pat got well and truly pwnd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Forget the Rocky Road to Dublin last Fridays late late was straight from 1966 with all the controversy stripped out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

What I found funny (and sad) about the Irish priest who was bothered by the Da Vinci Code is that his argument was basically "I don't like the Da Vinci Code because it means everything I believe in is wrong."

I can't believe it bothers them so much that Jesus could have been married. Who gives a ****!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

Broadly speaking I'm a fan of Byrne, but he's becoming increasingly arrogant in his old age. This was his third time on the Late Late since Pat took over and he's become progressively more ignorant on each occasion.

Going into the audience as he did was simply rude - you just don't take over a show like that. Similarly his dismissal of Pat on occasion, especially when standing with him towards the end wasn't so much a case of being more 'impressive' or 'experienced', but simply bad-mannered, discourteous and ignorant. Anyone can butt in or arrogantly ignore a host, it doesn't make them professional, it makes them rude.

His appearance also made me realise that for all of Pat's faults, one good thing about him is that he's way more in touch with modern Ireland than Gay would be if still in that chair. Gay still preaches to his loyal audience of 1950s housewives while the rest of Ireland has since moved on. Pat is way more in touch with the average viewer, well, as in touch as could be expected :), than Gay would be today.

Gay is without doubt still a consumate professional - the way he works a studio is simply effortless, truly extraordinary. His very presence has such an impact. However his major flaw is still very evident - he is utterly useless at speaking to camera, useless, and also he cannot speak for long periods of time explaining something without getting hugely uncomfortable, skipping in and out of funny voices and American slang to paste over the problem. His style is very much so conversational, and even when he presented the Late Late his explaintory introductions of people were equally haphazard, or alternatively short and curt to avoid having to do anything at all.

Pat by contrast is very experienced in this field, from the current affairs autocue generation, if too much at times. His deliverances to camera are much more watchable than Gay's ever were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

DOLEMAN wrote:
    What I found funny (and sad) about the Irish priest who was bothered by the Da Vinci Code is that his argument was basically "I don't like the Da Vinci Code because it means everything I believe in is wrong."

I can't believe it bothers them so much that Jesus could have been married. Who gives a ****!!
    what makes it worse is if they'd shut up the general public would in time forget whats in the book and wander on to the next fad or whatever, you wont have people conducting serious debates with priests based on the "facts" of the davinci code, so if he shuts up and lets it run it's course it'd be gone in no time, the irony that people like him can't see is that their opposition is dragging out the issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement