Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abrams says season finale is "greatest finale I have ever heard"..

Options
  • 13-05-2006 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭

Abrams says Lost finale will thrill
    By Colin Mahan - TV.com
    May 8, 2006 at 02:23:00 PM

JJ Abrams, the cocreator of ABC's hit series Lost, told SciFi.com that the finale for the show's second season, which airs on May 24, will be the one of the greatest finales in TV history.

Abrams has been away from the show directing the new Tom Cruise action picture Mission: Impossible III. He says that while he was away, cocreator Damon Lindelof fashioned a Lost ending that surprised and excited him.

"The ending of this year in Lost blows the ending of last season out of the water," he said.

In the Lost first-season finale, the castaways were finally able to open the hatch they had found half buried in the ground. They discovered an undergound facility that housed food, weapons, an enigmatic 16mm film, and a mysterious countdown that had to be reset every 100 minutes or else...something bad might happen (viewers have yet to find out what, as the castaways man shifts to reset it).

Abrams hints that in the new finale, questions are answered and loose ends tied up.

"It's an incredible finale. You'll see what happens, but I can tell you that a lot of it has been there and been building from the beginning of this season. It's not out of the blue, but what happens at the very end of this year, for me, it's the greatest finale I have ever heard."
    Hmmmmm... do we believe him?

I mean one of the best finales ever (!!).. they're really gonna have to pull something amazing outta it.

I respect JJ Abrams so i have no doubt the finale will excite but don't think if it'll impress me to this extent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

After MI:3 i dunno if i'd trust him.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heard fantastic things about MI:3 meself, but haven't seen it..

.. read somewhere that Abrams said he's gonna get more involved with 'Lost' next season and direct another few episodes - he hasn't directed an episode since the pilot in-fact.

Big fan of Abrams myself - loved everything he did (from the very under-rated 'Felicity' to the in my opinion un-appreciated 'Alias')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

They would have to come out it with something pretty amazing for it to be considered the greatest ever.
    I really trust the writers and producers on this show so i think im probably going to enjoy it anyway.

It would be great it Abrams came back and did some work on Season 3, i really love his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Its ok but very "alias" in places, with a hint of "i want to be Jack Bauer" thrown in as well. Worth a look, but not better IMO then MI:1. If any of you have ever played FEAR, the warehouse schene seems like a blatant ripoff

I like Abram as well, but whether its going to be as good as he makes out is another thing. Theres a line between what I WANT to know and what I NEED to know. As I like certain things to not be answered until next season as there is not enough time left now to deal with them, then there are other things which I just want done with (goddamn button!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

i would have to be something amazing to make up for the mediocre episodes we have been subjected too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Is Greg Grunberg in MI:3?? lol I think thats hilarious. JJ and him have been best friends since they were kids and JJ puts him in everything he does :D Easy way to get a job. (He is a good actor though)

I have also heard MI:3 is good,and Alias is great so I don't mind if it is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,840 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tvnutz wrote:
    Is Greg Grunberg in MI:3?? lol I think thats hilarious. JJ and him have been best friends since they were kids and JJ puts him in everything he does :D Easy way to get a job. (He is a good actor though)
    Yeah, Greg Grunberg is in MI:3. And i assume Keri Russell got her starring role in M:I3 due to 'Felicity' of course.

If you go down through the cast list of MI:3 on IMDB and view their filmography.. about 3/4 of them have had bit parts in Abrams productions - mostly 'Alias'.

Good to see a director giving something back to the people in the smaller roles that impressed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Considering MI:3 is essentially, 24 day 5, lost, alias and true lies rolled into one, I'm not going to trust this statement from Abrams.

Directly stealing scenes from other movies and shows just pisses me off and seems lazy. Complete storylines is worse.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm veering towards not trusting him, given my views on S2 of "Lost". *However* in my opinion the greatest season finale is quite possibly S2 of "Alias" so it may be possible. I just don't think it will be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Draupnir wrote:
    Considering MI:3 is essentially, 24 day 5, lost, alias and true lies rolled into one, I'm not going to trust this statement from Abrams.

Directly stealing scenes from other movies and shows just pisses me off and seems lazy. Complete storylines is worse.

yeah I noticed the bridge, but I think its ok to use it again cos True Lies was a spoof really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement