Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions...

Options
  • 12-05-2006 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Im thinking of putting together a charity website that will promote different charity organisations and charity events taking place around Ireland so i was wondering do people have an idea of different items that can be included in the website. I also hope further down the line to organise charity nights and internet auctions(which will prob take place on ebay). The way im thinking about it at the moment will be a piece on different charities in each county in Ireland and then also include what events they are organising. This section will also include independant fundraising. In relation to the auction i already have items that i received after my last auction so they could not be included(items like signed WWE gear,Signed Boxing Gloves,Signed Pat Short dvds) so i was wondering do people have good ideas of items that i could try and get. Also so far im thinking of the website name charityireland.com but if anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 livia

why not include charity shops as sometimes they get large donations of records, ect and perhaps they could have weekly specials ect

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Thats a good idea actually cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Actually getting on to Volunteery orgainsations and asking them to submit say 500 words about there organisations rather than sourcing it yourself as some are incorrect and out of date in my experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Excellent idea! Altough there are lots of resources out there for those of us working in this sector, I'm not aware of a listing for the general public. To save some work, you should make use of existing databases such as www.activelink.ie , http://www.wheel.ie and http://www.planet.ie

Cheers Sarahmc they will def be usefull. On friday i mailed about 80 charity organisations and asked did they want to be included and so far i heard back from about 8 who said that they did.Hopefully by the end of next week i will have a better idea of the amount of organisations that want to be involved and i can go from there then i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Hey just if you're interested, there is a charity site called CharityShop.ie.

It is an attempt to access the online affiliate selling to fundraise for charitys. They currently have Oxfam and Unicef but are looking for more charitys.

Any update on the Site BOHS?

Hey,

At the moment i am still trying to get charities to be included, for whatever reason a lot are reluctant as i think they believe there is some secret motives for making the site. There are about 30 so far that would like to be included but obviously ifas its going to take a lot of time and effort to set up i would like a lot more then that. So unless i can think of something to get them involved i might just run an auction on ebay with my items.

Hmm i understand there concerns have you got a Beta site up? i still think its a great idea some of the current sites arent the best for info

Advertisement