Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to say to my girlfriend

Options
  • 12-05-2006 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just met this gorgeous girl. We have been txting each other for about 4 weeks now non stop and have met up a few times. I realy really like her. But I find I am running out of things to say to her. I would appriciate if someone could give me a few pointers on what to say to her. Something romantic, that would make her feel special. I have told her I loved her and that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Although women are suckers for compliments, there is such a thing as overdoing it.
    You don't have to write her a sonnet before you go to sleep every night, and you don't have to make her swoon every time you pay her a compliment.

There is such a thing as being too cuddly and romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

If you're running out of things to talk about, find something that ye both have in common and do it. Maybe try and do some events together, like if you're both interested in the same kind of music, try and go to a gig together or with a bunch of friends, always leaves something to talk about. Again, if ye both have common interests talk about that.
    Just don't treat her like crap and you'll be fine :) A complement here and there is good, but if you overdo it, it looses it's effect.

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

I have told her I loved her and that.
    see your problem is you've already used up your ace material right there.
    you can never really say anthing to her that will top telling her you love her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

ferdi wrote:
    see your problem is you've already used up your ace material right there.
    you can never really say anthing to her that will top telling her you love her.
    how about: "I'm outrageously wealthy"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

After 4 weeks you love her?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭michaela

Funkstard wrote:
    After 4 weeks you love her?

thats what i was thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

tell her you'd like to do something special with her on sunday....that way you can go down the pub early tomorrow for the cup final , have a feed of pints with your mates-watch the match-have a kebab in between and stumble all the way home to your cot when you think you've had enough:eek:

try not to text her 24/7 - then you'll have a bit more to talk about when you meet up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Er, a bit too much with the whole "i love you" thing me thinks. If you're running out of things to say to her after four weeks it doesn't really bode well for the future, does it? Maybe you guys should engage in stuff other than texting and build up from there. If you do more activities as a couple you will have more to talk about!

Advertisement