Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the progative for booty calls??

Options
  • 12-05-2006 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Ok I have been with this guy a couple of times...we just meet up every so often as we have mutual friends but we always end up together...he is only out of a long term relationship (6 months ago) - people keep telling him not to get into anything and play the field blah blah blah.

So my problem is I like him and I think he likes me but I do think it might be a bit soon for him to get into another relationship. So should I just leave well alone and see him when I see him (I am very impatient and don't really want to) or is it ok to get into a booty call situation i.e. just call each other whenever we're horny normally after a night out!?

Am I setting myself up for a huge fall cause I actually like him!!?
    Sometimes I think something is better than nothing :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Depending on how long he was in the last relationship for would be a good indication if I thought he was ready. Also who did the breaking up + age etc.

Not to be mean or anything, but you should take into account that you could be just the rebound chick. (It happens)

Its perfectly allright just to get into a bootie call relationship if thats what it is but thats NOT what it is because you like him and what more out of it than just a bootie call.

What you need to figure out is if he really likes you or ... if he really likes you just when he is drinking.

Am I setting myself up for a huge fall cause I actually like him!!?
    Unfortunaly I think so, yes.

Sometimes I think something is better than nothing.
    Dont start thinking along those lines you will end up spiriling into world of second guessing and self doubt none of which will ever make you feel any better.

GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

6 months is a fialry long time - I don't see why he shouldn't start a new relationship. (unless he doesn't want to)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mz

Thanks Static M.e....I think you are just telling me what I already know..I am out of a long term relationship 1.5 years now and have found it hard to meet someone special again and I suppose I just want a bit of lovin at this stage!!

He was in the relationship for about 5 years (they lived together) but it definitely over...he finished it..we are both in our late twenties...

MZ.

I totally know what you mean. Im in somewhat of a similar situation. Finished with someone after a 3.5 (I like to count halves ;) ) relationship about well "cough" 3 years ago and I went through that stage where I dunno I just kinda wanted to be in a relationship like you said to get some lovin! or I suppose to be honest I just wanted to be with someone .ie have a GF.

But you know now it doesnt bother me any more, dont get me wrong if I meet someone I liked I wouldnt hesitate if things started going further. And the lovin well how can I put this .. that would be "nice" too. But I enjoy my single life now.

Again late twenties here. You know what though MZ its friday night and you never know what can happen. Go out, forget about himself and have a great night. Fingers crossed we will both score !! lol

PS. I think it helps if like me you have the maturity of a 12 year old ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mz

Thank crunchie it's Friday and I am off out for drinks after work so I suppose the issue just arose as some of the girls were telling me to do a booty call tonight....I really think it is just not me - I am not generally a shy person but when it comes to guys I am!

I have dated people since I came out of my long term relationship (6.5! years) but I just find it harder and harder to meet someone as so many of my friends are settled so when I find someone I am interested in I am like a dog with a bone :p ..they always seem to be younger too ;)

I meant to say I have had some contact with him on the email this week but nothing major....I kinda just want to do the booty call for the craic and see what happens...on one hand I think life is too short and on the other hand i have to remember i am going to see this guy again sometime as we have mutual friends!

Lol I still think i'm 21 sometimes never mind 28!

• Advertisement

Thats the spirit, Have a great night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭observer

there is no such thing as mutal booty calls!!!! one will defo like the other more!

anyone who disagrees is a fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

mz wrote:
    So my problem is I like him and I think he likes me but I do think it might be a bit soon for him to get into another relationship.

Yes it is. You are his short term solution. Harsh, but accustom yourself to this notion and quit seeing him. Otherwise HE WILL wake up some morning in the throes of a relationship with you and think "how did I get here" and subsequently take off.

Besides- do you want to have a relationship with a serial monogamist? Euuuuwww. Find someone who's been on their own for a while and quite happy about it. They're much more fun*.

K-

*Nudge nudge ;);)

Advertisement