Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP - No Incoming Ring Tone

Options
  • 12-05-2006 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anyone help? I have a Motorola Dect (ME4052) phone connected to a Linksys PAP2 ATA (Blueface) which receives incoming calls, identifies the CLI but wont ring. When connected to the landline on the same settings it rings. Essentially, I can make and receive calls however I can’t get the phone to ring, any ideas? Blueface had me configuring port forwarding, modifying DTMF settings and reversing polarity all to no avail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dpb

I would guess that you are suffering from a common problem with the ring tones.

The Linksys is set use ring tones just like an American phone. While your old, trusty, dumb, landline phone can handle whatever you throw at it, the new DECT phone is far too intelligent and is specifically looking for an Irish ringtone.

My post at the bottom of this thread will show you how to change your ring tone settings.

Good luck

Advertisement