Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mind freak (Chris Angel)

Options
  • 12-05-2006 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

anyone see this last nite on e4?

some crazy tricks. how does he get the coin INTO the bottle??? how did he predict the future like that. madness.

probably my favourite illusionist of all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

seen it a few times

much better than that idiot David Blaine

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Oh my god. I was delighted to see this thread, but I was assuming it would be about what an absolute clown this man is. You actually think he's good? I actually laughed for about a full 10 minutes talking about this show with my friends. He's so full of ****.

Examples: he's on a bus and says somethin like "hey let's just try somethin out here and if it's any good we'll use it", when he knows EXACTLY what is gonna happen, because it's not ****in magic.

The completely over the top worried family, when he's clearly in no danger whatsoever. They must devote a full 10 minutes of each episode to his family whining about whatever he's doing.

The pseudo-profound statements he inserts throughout the show are priceless. And then when he shouts "miiiiiiindfreeeeeeeaaaaaaak". How can you not burst into laughter after that?

The fact that he's clearly just a complete clown of a man, who is either fully aware of the muck coming out of his mouth, or is just completely wound up in his own fantasy world. All in all it's great TV.

By the way he may actually be an excellent illusionist, I don't know, but that's completely beside the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Clown Clown Clown! God I hate him, Las Vegas showman is all hes good for.

Its so false its sickening. Derren Brown is no.1 at illusions by far BECAUSE he reveals some secrects, he takes the piss out of himself, he shows the odd trick that dosnt work.

Trust the yanks to swallow that future prediction sh!te but hes making a mint from it so fair play to him, I'm content in the knowledge i'll never pay to see him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

DS wrote:
    You actually think he's good?

OMG, oh no. someone with a different viewpoint to you!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

im glad to see YOUR post. becasue last nite watching it, i couldnt help think, this guy is full of sh1t. the montage's of his family, yes being overly dramatic. "i'm numb" his brother says. its all a huge act imo and nobody can dispute this. certain parts of it are a bit much but you cant deny some of his illusions are amazing.

when he butes a coin in half, the blows it back together
    when he makes a coin come out of his skin on his arm
    getting the penny in bottle, getting it out!
    pushing the huge palm tree over
    predicting the future live on radio

ya can't deny these are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Mossy Monk wrote:
    OMG, oh no. someone with a different viewpoint to you!!!!!
    I fail to see the problem with expressing my disbelief at someone's opinion. I then go on to provide an argument and examples to explain my reasoning. Pretty simple isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

anyone see Dynamo before this show on this?

the future of magic they were saying. his trick where he gets someone to pick a card from the deck and then the card floats to the top. amazing

"if david blaine is the heroin of magic, then dynamo is the crystal meth"

Advertisement