Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest way from Kenilworth

Options
  • 12-05-2006 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I got a bus from Kenilworth into town this afternoon and it took me three-quarters of an hour to cover a journey that takes 10 minutes by bike.

After three-quarters of an hour I got off and walked - if I'd stayed on it would have taken an hour.

Any suggestions for a fast way to get from Kenilworth to O'Connell Street? Using public transport, not bike or car or microlight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you're commuting by bus it can easily take that long. That Dublin traffic! What bus did you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

54a

• Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Then I take it you are a Kenilworth Park type. :)

Walk to the spar on Harold's Cross Road. You then have the option of 16/16A (via Camden Street) 49/49A (via Christchurch) and 83. The 83 goes through Rathmines, so you have to sprint down to the bus stop on either Kenilworth Park or Kenilworth Square.

The only spot where wou can see all approaching busses is from the traffic island on Rathgar Avenue.

/nerd off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Naaah, they take even longer! They get stuck in George's Street - or indeed before that in Aungier Street. The 54A and the 49A at least go down Clanbrassil Street, but since they renewed the road at College Green and didn't repaint the box junction there's always a traffic jam there.

And you can see all approaching buses from the corner of Kenilworth Park and Harold's X Ave, the normal place for people to stand, while motorists try to work out if they're on the game - until they go all wild-eyed and sprint for a bus.

There are long languid conversations between Irish and African there - until the bus comes and the Olympic records are suddenly attempted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Go to Rathmines and get a 15/a/b/c They don't go to O'Connell St., but they do go close enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Go to Rathmines and get a 15/a/b/c They don't go to O'Connell St., but they do go close enough.
    They can be fickle enough themselves, even with the 14/65/65B, although at Rathmines Garda station you can add the 83 & on Lower Rathmines Road, the 14A.

Advertisement