Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for action?

Options
  • 11-05-2006 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi , Im 24 and live in Dublin

What do I do now that none of my friends want to go out anymore? its very hard to get even 1 of them to go out for a few pints at the weekend....all of them are in relationships now and believe me when I say its a rare thing when any of them go out...Im obviously single the past while

Going out at the weekend IS a big thing to me - I have a social life other than this through my football club which takes up a lot of my time during the week but I really need to be going out and meeting new people (more importantly - women!)

I work in a trade now for a small company with just one other person so theres no social life whatsoever on that front either - unlike my old office job in town which was excellent for going out after work if you wanted and most of my happiest memories are from this period...

I love living in Dublin after being away travelling and Im not depressed about this but I still want to do something about it....Im seriously considering taking a job up in town again JUST to meet these new people as Im finding Ive no alternative way of going about it - the job I have now is so handy and well paid but Im starting to think its more important that I get back into a job with more interaction and opportunites for meeting new people

can I have anyones thoughts on this please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Take this as you wish.

If I were you id join some Clubs, bound to meet people that way. Why dont you arrange to meet up with some of your old work friends. Or meet some of the football gang at the weekend, even try and meet up with some friends you havent seen in a long time for a couple of drinks.

Generally I find the more people you have with you the more fun you have.
    On a personal note, as long as you arent a loud mouth piss head who cant handle his drink, picks fights and wrecks everyone's night. (Not Saying you are :) ) I think you shouldnt have a problem finding some people to go drinking with.

GL

Advertisement