Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pill

Options
  • 11-05-2006 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just contemplating going on the xxx and have a quick question. I get bad hangovers from time to time and can be sick most of the day sometimes..

so my q is, if your on the Pill and go out for a few/many drink and you get sick the next day, this affects the Pill right?

anyone else being in similar situation?

- btw saying dont drink so much wont work as I often only have one or two and can be sick too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I understand it can, the most obvious thing being that you, eh, might [polite words on] remove the pill from your system. [polite words off]. In such cases, secondary contraception woulkd be advisable.

However, every medication is different, so make enquiries with your doctor and/or pharmacist.

If you feel ill after one drink, I would say there is a problem of some kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Star*

depending on the pill that you are on you could be safe. Most pills take a couple of hours to get in to your system, so if you took it at 7 tonight and then were sick at 7 in the morning you should be ok,.

but each pill is different, i would advise reading the booklet that you get with the pill or speaking with your doctor and he/she will recommend the best one for you in that situation.

Always remember there is an implant and an injection available as well, which may be more benefical to you.
    but your doc can discuss all that with you way more than i can.

Advertisement