Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting laptop to tv

Options
  • 11-05-2006 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi there,

How do i go about connecting my laptop to my tv to watch divxs etc on it?
    What do i need exactly?
    I have an s-video out on my laptop and only a scart connection and antenna point on my tv.
    I want both sound and picture through my tv ideally.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054925411
    and
    here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054908773

I think the sound would depend on the connectors on your TV and laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

1. S-Video lead = Transmits the video
    2. Jack to Phono Lead = Trasmits the sound
    3. Scart to Phono and S-Video Adaptor = The peice that connects it all!

Altogether they cost around 18 - 20 euro. The S-Video lead connects to the the socket on your laptop which then runs to the Scart adaptor. The Jack to phono lead goes from your laptop (via the earphones socket) to either the red and white phono connection slots on your T.V, or if there is none, the Scart Adaptor. Scart goes into your T.V, switch to the AV Channel and you should be laughing from there! Also, if you have a good stereo near and feel your T.V speakers ain't enough, you could connect the phono part of of the lead to the back of your hi-fi and switch that to AUX. Sound should be coming from your Stereo now. As you could guess you can also connect it to the phono ports at the back of a DVD player if your lucky enough to have a surround sound system hooked up! :D

All of those above things can be bought in most electronics shops and even come in packs with everything in them. (Gold plated ones are a little more expensive but are better quality because of their conductivity)

Just so you know what they look like....

-9471i0.jpg
    Scart Adaptor

30616i0.jpg
    S Video Lead

31700i0.jpg
    Jack to Phono Lead

hope that helps a bit!

Advertisement