Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Air Date and Season 2 poll

Options
  • 11-05-2006 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Oct 30th 2006
    Well we have a date for it now if we can only wait and resit the urge to read spoilers

As for the Poll....

Last Scene in Season 2, Is It All a Deam, or a What if? 6 votes

Yes its a deam
    0%
    No its real
    100%
    LawdiesiodajjbrienDubOnHolidaySualtamCairde 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

man, that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

BSG hasn't taken many 'easy-outs' so i'm betting they're in this one for the long haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

The writers have already COMPLETELY dismissed that it's a dream. They will follow through with this story and I highly doubt they'll let us down. BSG has some of the best writing on television and it's very very difficult to find plot holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

User45701 wrote:
    Oct 30th 2006

Yay!!! Guess what I'll be doing for my birthday this year?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I wish it were a dream but I know its not.
    Let the countdown begin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

haha me too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Procrastinator

Just saw this...missed it at the time and am wiped out.
    I know that they won't be so lame as to say it was all a dream...because I've listened to the writer's meeding podcast. Sad I know, But I couldn't resist.

What did worry me is that they discussed a 'clips' episode that eventually became the one about the Six and Sharon being reborn on Caprica.
    Remember those in the '70's American TV shows?

E.G. Starsky and Hutch and one gets a bump on the head...the other sits by his bedside, metaphorically holding his partner's hand (not really, would not look manly) and he would reminisce about what they did in the past.

I absolutely hate these kinds of episodes...even as a kind I guessed that the writers had taken that week off.

If there were an episode like this...I'd lose a lot of the hugh respect I've gained for this programme.

PS this is the best sci -fi I've seen in years. Makes me feel like a kid again goinbg to see the next star Wars Movie (the good ones I mean - eps 4, 5 and 6)
    Although I thought Serenity was good and am a huge Buffy fan, I still think Battlestar is one of the best dramas on TV. Am also waiting for Series 6 of the Sopranos and series 3 of Deadwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Just this year or every year? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Peace wrote:
    Just this year or every year? :p

Well, if they're considerate enough to air a new season on my birthday every year, then every year it'll be! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

id rather they pushed it forward, impatience is a problem. at least there'll be partying to soothe the wait.

b-days ftw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Tree wrote:
    impotence is a problem.
    b-days ftw

ooer missus!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The fact that none of the major characters were killed off would lead me to believe it was not a dream. I'd reckon Baltar is going to join the Cylons full time in season 3. It'll be like the original series where Baltar lived in a Cyclon base star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

double

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

DAMMIT pleasee spoiler tagh anything like that from the orginal series i dont kow anyhing about it and dont want to.

The 1 thing i cant wait for in SEason 3 is 2 people (4 people in the same room)

Baltar + Caprica 6 head
    Caprica 6 +Baltar Head

U know right away it will be a great scene well written with amazing dialoge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I know that they won't be so lame as to say it was all a dream...because I've listened to the writer's meeding podcast. Sad I know, But I couldn't resist.

What did worry me is that they discussed a 'clips' episode that eventually became the one about the Six and Sharon being reborn on Caprica.

E.G. Starsky and Hutch and one gets a bump on the head...the other sits by his bedside, metaphorically holding his partner's hand (not really, would not look manly) and he would reminisce about what they did in the past.

I absolutely hate these kinds of episodes...even as a kind I guessed that the writers had taken that week off.

If there were an episode like this...I'd lose a lot of the hugh respect I've gained for this programme.

PS this is the best sci -fi I've seen in years. Makes me feel like a kid again goinbg to see the next star Wars Movie (the good ones I mean - eps 4, 5 and 6)
    Although I thought Serenity was good and am a huge Buffy fan, I still think Battlestar is one of the best dramas on TV. Am also waiting for Series 6 of the Sopranos and series 3 of Deadwood.

Standard tactic when the producers realise "Oh sh1t, we've spent all our money and there's another episode before the end of season cliffhanger that we need what we've got left for"

it was used in that episode of TNG that Riker got attacked by a giant venus flycatcher*

note, it may or may not have been a giant venus flycatcher. I don't even think the episode was set on venus....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Lets just lay down our heads and dream, yes dream of how the hell Adama and the rest are going to drag mankinds sorry butts out of the fire this time, I mean, just once in a while why can't humanity stay saved, to paraphrase Mr. Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Procrastinator

In Season 3, i'd quite like to see Dualla and Starbuck have a really bitchy fight. Remember Starbuck's husband had pnuemonia in the last episode and she'd approached Adama Jr. for some of the Pegasus's antibiotic stash?

Dualla was pissed off even then.

I'd also like to see Baltar get involved in something politically mercenary with Tigh's wife, and then watch Tigh squirm when he finds out.

I have to say though, the idea of 6+ Baltar in her head, having a scene with
    Baltar with 6 in his head is inspired. That could really be fun.

Anyone love the Dean Stockwell priest in the second last episode of the second series?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

There was an interview with grace(?) park on ign recently. she said that there will be a "clips" episode,
    but that it will be about events that happened during the skipped year. So the clips will be new footage, explaining things like why starbuck was afraid to call apollo for the antibiotics and why tigh said that he's sure apollo still isnt mad.

dont know if that should be spoilerised but better safe than sorry i guess.

Also in the same interview and i dont know if its been mentioned here before.....
    The humans get off new caprica by the fourth episode...

Dean stockwell in the last episode is legend. "I'm not a cyclon!!!.......oh" :D

[edit]
    Interview here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Q_Ball wrote:
    Dean stockwell in the last episode is legend. "I'm not a cyclon!!!.......oh" :D

yeah that got a bit of a grin alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

gatecrash wrote:
    Standard tactic when the producers realise "Oh sh1t, we've spent all our money and there's another episode before the end of season cliffhanger that we need what we've got left for"

it was used in that episode of TNG that Riker got attacked by a giant venus flycatcher*

note, it may or may not have been a giant venus flycatcher. I don't even think the episode was set on venus....

TNG used to do this a lot, usually after a 2 part episode with lots of ships blowing up, the next epidose would consist of lots of lengthy conversations that took place as we walked round and round the corridors of the enterprise, and the only sets would be the bridge, sick bay and engineering.
    Dean stockwell in the last episode is legend. "I'm not a cyclon!!!.......oh"
    truly brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

according to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407362/episodes#season-3
    season 3 starts September 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

TV.com has it listed as october the 6th

September the 24th is a sunday so i think thats not likley october the 6th is a friday and it was always aired on a friday except when it was on sky 1
    wed if i remember

Advertisement