Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scotland

Options
  • 10-05-2006 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hiya I am going to edinburgh for the summer and was wondering what was there to do there what places should I visit etc...:) :) If any1 can suggest a few things please do so.
    cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Well if you're there all summer there's the Edinburgh Fringe, the Edinburgh Festival and T on the Fringe.
    T on the Fringe is basically 7 to 10 days of gigs alongside the above two cultural festivals. www.tonthefringe.com (gigs not announced yet)

I live in Glasgow, so not too familiar with Edinburgh, but try www.s1play.com to search for events, clubs, gigs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

You should visit the Eiffel tower... then the Grand Cannal... I hear its beatuiful this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Definitely go hill walking in the highlands, there's lots of tours that go up there every day.

Checkout the tour of the 'underground city' in the Old Town - sealed passages underground where people lived to avoid the plague. It's haunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Oh yes - forgot about that. They do ghost tours and haunted dungeon things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dizzy Lass

I did a ghost tour in April in Edinburgh

http://www.auldreekietours.com/

really enjoyed it & they did manage to scare me !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Jump on the bus and go to Stirling, do Stirling castle and the Wallace monument. Stirling has loads of places to go for dinner then pubs for music afterwards. It's quite busy and studenty these days. Don't just stick to embra. If you can get out of the central belt then get up north, and west if possible. Skye isn't too much of a hike and oban has lots of days out stuff to do as well, like boat trips to seal island. The west coast is beautiful. The east coast is a bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

elven wrote:
    Jump on the bus and go to Stirling, do Stirling castle and the Wallace monument. Stirling has loads of places to go for dinner then pubs for music afterwards. It's quite busy and studenty these days. Don't just stick to embra. If you can get out of the central belt then get up north, and west if possible. Skye isn't too much of a hike and oban has lots of days out stuff to do as well, like boat trips to seal island. The west coast is beautiful. The east coast is a bit boring.
    Stirling, Wallace and the western islands. Well worth it!

Advertisement