Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plan my night out in Dublin next Saturday

Options
  • 10-05-2006 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Ok here goes...

I'll be staying in Dublin city centre with the girlfriend next Saturday. We live within 30 miles of Dublin, but its been a while since I've been out on the town. I used to know the city fairly well up to a few years ago but have lost touch recently.

We would like to go out around 7ish and hit a few pubs and a nice restauraunt. We are both mid 30's so I'd like to avoid anything packed to the rafters and very very loud.

Let the suggestions commence !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Burger King followed by 6 cans of dutch gold in st stephens green then abra ka stabra for a kebab.....you will romance her off her feet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Why don't you hit the International bar,its a good night for a couple and a older crowed.

PS:If you are not aware its a comedy club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Gator wrote:
    Burger King followed by 6 cans of dutch gold in st stephens green then abra ka stabra for a kebab.....you will romance her off her feet
    If you want something a bit more up market, replace the dutch with...Hollandia. Same price but not as bad a rep

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

6 cans of Tuborg by the canal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Cinamon Girl

Don't mind those guys, they obviously know nothing about how to show a girl a good time.

Not familiar with Dublin myself anymore but reckon finding a quiet place on a Saturday night will be hard.

Whatever you do I'm sure you'll have a good time.
    Afterall it's not what you do it's who you do it with.

Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Gandalf23 wrote:
    Let the suggestions commence !!!

2 Bottles of Buckfast each... a Maccy D's and get a tattoo!
    to remind you of the most awesome night ever!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Cinamon Girl

Beer, Beer and more Beer.
    The last thing the guy (and his girlfriend) wants is to be unconcious by bedtime!

I would suggest restaurant first, following by a good movie (back row seats of course), followed by lovemaking till dawn

Sorry about the lack of venues to suggest Gandalf23.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,471 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The "Things to do in" forum would probably be a lot better spot to get some intelligent answers. This forum tends to be for the smart asses.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

au contraire mon ami

being a smartarse is in breach of the charter, therefore Hail 2 Da Chimp, Sean_Keevay and Gator are all banned for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Ahhhh... dont ban them, they are funny!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys and gals... especially you C Girl.

Lovemaking till dawn it will be then!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Gandalf23 wrote:
    Ahhhh... dont ban them, they are funny!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys and gals... especially you C Girl.

Lovemaking till dawn it will be then!!!

Two of the three were unbanned as it came to my attention that they posted in After hours before the thread was moved. H2DC was banned for muppetry in another thread as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'll recommend El Bahia for a choice of restaurant.

It's a very nice Moroccan place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

Is that the 20th may, if so it will be also busier than normal due to the Munster game but that is a plus I think, nico's on Dame street is nice for Italian, foggy due is nice for a drink

Advertisement