Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for recommendations

Options
  • 10-05-2006 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

I'm looking for a laptop with a 17" screen, widescreen preferable. I'm not really going to be playing any games on it, I'll be using it for playing poker, surfing the net and watching dvds. I also could end up doing a fair bet of travelling in the coming months. So performance isn't much of an issue what I'm more concerned with is weight and battery life.
    As a matter of interest, what is considered a good battery life for a laptop? What would be considered standard?

I'd pay up to $1500 for the right machine but I figure there should be something out there that'll fit my needs for a good bit less. I've had a look in pcworld (in Galway) but anything with a 17" screen seems to have more bells and whistles on it than I need.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Being honest, you're going to regret going for a 17" one if you're planning on doing a fair bit of travelling. Most laptops with the bigger screens are very heavy, and realistically 15" is probably all you need. (Hell, I wouldn't be without my 12" iBook, and find a 15" too big!)

Advertisement