Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop from Jes Computers

Options
  • 10-05-2006 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

http://www.jes-computer.de

Hi i am looking at an acer laptop Article no.: 24431 Acer Aspire 5652 WLMi,
    here is the spec

Core duo T2300 2x 1.66GHz • 1024MB (2x 512MB) • 120GB • DVD+/ RW • NVidia GeForce Go 7600 128MB • USB 2.0/FIREWIRE/MODEM/GB LAN/WLAN 802.11ABG • 5in1 Card reader (SD/MMC/SM/MS/MS pro) • 15,4"WXGA TFT (1280X800) • Windows XP Home • Left-ion-Akku • 3.00kg • 24 months manufacturer warranty

Has anyone bought stuff from them if so what are they like, shipping etc... or could some one recommend somewhere to buy a laptop. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

1 sweet laptop.

you will need to reinstall windows since it will be in german and also some keys on the keyboard will look diffrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

you can see the german keyboard layout here.

have ordered from jes quite a few times and the first couple of times found them excellent. However I haven't ordered from them in almost a year because they ripped me off on shipping. I paid €30 for shipping expecting at the very least GLS (as with previous orders) however they send it with DPD who lost the package (expensive gfx card). In the course of following up on this I found out that they had send the package surface only which cost them less than €8. This also meant that the card was sent from germany to ireland by truck and transferred to various "dpd shipping partners" at least 3 times, getting lost at the last stage of the transfer.

I don't even want to imagine the treatment a laptop would get in that process.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

I might go for this instead
    http://www.pcworld.ie/products.aspx?range_rid=106&image=HP

The middle one HP DV8219EA

anyone have one of these or know the warranty from pcworld might take a trip down to waterford tomorrow to have a look!!!!

have you tried http://www.acernotebooks.co.uk/, they're a uk site and are pretty competitive, as are microaid.ie. i'd avoid pc world like the proverbial plague. Anyshop where the shop assistants tell people that "turbocache" means that a gfx card is the 'strongest' you can get is not one to shop in. Plus they'll try to push an expensive extended warranty on you.

The acer you linked to originally is a nice machine. I'd try get that at http://www.acernotebooks.co.uk/. Plus their extended warrantys are much cheaper than pc worlds.

Either that, or if you can wait a while, pick up a lidl, or aldi powerhouse laptop when they come back in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

I'd have a look around acerlaptops.co.uk. I got a lappy from them and i couldn't have been happier. Quick delivery and great prices. I ended up getting a 2.0ghz,1gbram,x700 64mb GPU,100gb HDD and 14' Widescreen Laptop for <1000. You would be hard pushed to find something similar for that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 zimbabady

This is one of acers laptops, dose this mean the Gfx card has 64Mb?

# Intel Centrino Core Duo Processor T2300 1.66GHz
    # 1GB DDRII SDRAM - Low cost double memory offer – call for details!
    # 100GB Hard Drive
    # DVD Super Multi Dual Layer Drive - To read DVDs and CDs and write CDs, DVD+, DVD-, large Dual Layer DVD and DVD-Ram
    # 15.4" XGA Widescreen TFT Screen with CrystalBrite
    # NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 with 256 MB of TurboCache technology (64 MB of dedicated GDDR2 VRAM)
    # 4 USB 2.0 Sockets
    # Integrated LAN and 56k v.90 data fax modem
    # Integrated wireless 802.11 a/b/g LAN - Call for advice on Wireless networking
    # Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Pre Loaded
    # FREE Microsoft Works
    # 2.5-hour Battery Life
    # Weight 2.89kg
    # 1 year warranty

# FREE Vodafone 3G Data card Offer!

And if so it the shared memory any good?

I.e. would this laptop be worth 1100 euro?

its grand as long as you don't want to play games.

7300 with turbocrap will only be useful for really old games

Advertisement