Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglaries in College Court?

Options
  • 09-05-2006 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Last saturday morning my housemate, who was about to catch a flight home to France, went into the living room to find his wallet missing. We're pretty sure we were burgled, I remember hearing noises and the door had stupidly been left unlocked. Plus I've seem some dodgy skobes around the place, especially at weekends.

The security porter in our building said the cops arrested 3 guys from Cork for robbing houses in Castletroy in the last few days so I'll be getting in touch with them. But just so ye know... be careful...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

Yeah, a few weeks back, the house behind me had been burglared too. Two smashed windows downstairs. We had the garda round askin if we saw neting. Course i wos out dat nite.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

cornbb wrote:
    The security porter in our building said the cops arrested 3 guys from Cork for robbing houses in Castletroy in the last few days so I'll be getting in touch with them. But just so ye know... be careful...
    3 lads were expelled Monday!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

/me locks door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

cornbb wrote:
    3 guys from Cork
    Thats right, blame the Cork folks when something goes wrong!!:rolleyes:

Anywho back on topic: OP, sorry to hear about that..terrible thing to have happened!
    As Jerry Springer says 'take care of your self...and each other':)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'm Cork bred meself so i was sorry to hear it :) Thanks. Could have been a lot worse, there were 5 laptops in the house that night, plus guitars, speakers, mixers, microphones... Thank god we were home

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Fast_Mover wrote:
    I know sur:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

cornbb wrote:
    Could have been a lot worse, there were 5 laptops in the house that night, plus guitars, speakers, mixers, microphones... Thank god we were home
    thank god indeed!
    Atleast ye'll be more cautious in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Tis funny tho, the amount of folk that forget to lock front doors.

Know it's happened to us a few times
    me looks at brian leaving the place at 3am...

Still tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Wonderful last thing we need is to be worrying about our houses being burgled, Castletroy really should have a Garda station, oh well not that it'll happen anytime soon.

Cheers
    Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Fast_Mover wrote:
    They're from Mallow apparently (front page of the current Limerick leader). Nowhere near where you're from, unfortunately precisely where I'm from.

Caught in the act, one fled, two held at the scene. The paper mentions they had a whole load of stuff back in their house(s) without once using the word "allegedly".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sceptre wrote:
    They're from Mallow apparently (front page of the current Limerick leader). Nowhere near where you're from, unfortunately precisely where I'm from.

So we should be keeping on eye on you when you are 'sleeping' in our place eh?

A cunning ploy I see it to be.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

cornbb wrote:
    5 laptops in the house

Pffft, we have 5 laptops and a linux server!

Agreed about the Garda station though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

UPDATE:
    from http://thelimerick.blogspot.com/
    University of Limerick Students arrested after burglaries

Three Cork youths, who are students at the University of Limerick, have been arrested over the weekend after a spate of burglaries in the Castletroy area of Limerick.

Two of the students were arrested at 0350 hrs on Saturday morning after a break-in at a house in Castletroy. A third student was arrested shortly afterwards when he tried to flee the scene.

All three are first and second year students at the University and are aged between 18 and 20.

A number of laptop computers, mobile phones and digital cameras were recovered by Gardai. All three were taken to Henry Street Garda Station for questioning, and are due to apear before Liemrick District Court in the next couple of days.

****ing scumbags :mad: I assume they'll be expelled if found guilty. How do people like this get into college in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I hope the pr**ks get thrown in jail, those f**kers are what give students a bad name.

Needless to say they'll be booted out of UL as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

they were named and shamed on limericks live 95 and in the Star, for those that heard who they were, a couple of them are on bebo.

I thought they were told they could fill in an exit form to avoid expulsion and hence be able to re-apply to other colleges...

Advertisement