Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer 9000 series, need a simular one

Options
  • 09-05-2006 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

I was looking at the
    Acer Aspire 9504WSMi

Intel Pentium-M Processor 2.0GHz
    1GB DDRII SDRAM
    100GB Hard Drive
    DVD Dual Layer Drive
    17" XGA Widescreen TFT Screen
    ATI Mobility X700 PCI-E 256MB dedicated graphics

Review

And loads of other extras like remote controlls etc etc, but you should see the keyboard, its absolutly horrible, squashed keys just so they could fit in a num pad that takes up about 20% of the keyboard and is on the right hand side ... I just dont think i could get used to that.

And ive around the 1,500 - 2,000 budget

The other acer laptop that caught my eye and got unreal reviews was the last two laptops on this page
    http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Acer_TravelMate_Dual_Core/prod.asp

review

Does anyone know where i could see one of the acers with the terrible keyboards to test out

and more importantly can anyone give me a simular laptop in say a dell or any other make... the only one i refuse to get is the ferrari acer ones haha id feel like a nob with one of those.

What id be using the laptop for is ....
    Mainly windows applications
    Some graphical editing
    Dvd stuff like converting formats etc
    Some gaming but not much at all!
    and watching dvd's on long journeys etc

The 9504WSMi does all this and more but that keyboard is the only thing putting me off as im going to have to use the keyboard every day so cant really overlook it

Advertisement