Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thrush

Options
  • 09-05-2006 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I got thrush. Not caught sexually-something that happened naturally-being run down etc.

Question is (i know its not a medical board) but I had sex with my bf while having it. We dont use condoms. Can he catch it off me?

Thanks.

Am very worried.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

yes
    He can catch it from you. He should see a doctor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Quote from the site http://www.canesten.co.uk/Thrush/thrush.htm For lots of info on Thrush

"Men are not immune. They can get thrush too, though only a few develop the rash and itchiness. Most male sufferers act as carriers, without actually having the symptoms. To help prevent re-infection, make sure your partner uses Canesten Thrush Cream* as well as you."

I'd advise you discuss it with your pharmacist first before heading to a doctor. It's free.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes he can and he can then reinfect you with it.
    You both need to be treated.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yes he can catch it from you & even if he suffers no symptoms whatsoever, if you are not using condoms he could keep giving it back to you. So he needs to check it out & treat it if necessary :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Yes, he can catch thrush & carry it with or without symptoms....you both need treatment & make sure you use condoms in the interim so you are not just passing it back & forth.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Be wide, it is also possible to get thrush in your mouth, (oral thrush)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SilverTongue

Yes he could be infected.The best thing to do is see an obgyne. Might be a good idea if u bring your bf with you so he will know how you got trush and it would be easier for him to understand why he need to be treated also.

Advertisement