Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17" laptop backpack recommendation?

Options
  • 09-05-2006 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a backpack-style bag for my Dell Inspiron 9300. Checking the Dell website, the one there is €130! I was looking for something a _little_ cheaper; for that price, I'd want the bag to include a free laptop.

Someone elsewhere recommended Patagonia, but their website says the bag cater only up to 15.4" laptops.

I'm looking for something comfortable (breathable foam), light, with lots of pockets, that doesn't break the bank. Someone on eBay is selling ones by the brandname Jeep (not sure is that the official one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DELUXE-AIRFLOW-JEEP-LAPTOP-BACKPACK-CASE-BLACK_W0QQitemZ6878503210QQcategoryZ31521QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Any idea if these are worth the low price?

P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Laptop backpacks always seem to be overpriced and generally not as useful as a regular bag.

I just bought one of these sleevecases from sfbags. Great quality and great protection for your laptop. They're all custom made so you provide the dimensions or your model and they fit perfectly.

You can then put the sleeve inside any backpack you want. It might offer better protection because the laptop isn't bouncing around inside a padded pocket and you also won't stand out as a target for thieves.

They also look cool.

prod_sleevecase_detail_5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

I have one of the 7dayshop.com backpacks for £13.99 for my 15.4" VAIO. A friend of mine has a 17" laptop, and while it didn't fit in to the actual designiated laptop 'slot' at the back section of the bag; it did fit into the back section of the bag fine. Great bag too.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Thanks for the tips. I also saw the Targus XL, which looks quite compact:

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle_cluster?q=targus+xl&pid=2179194662958189229&oid=832975983736473195&btnG=Search+Froogle&scoring=mrd

Can be had for around €50, which is in my budget.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Go into your nearest fishing shop and look for a Jaxon bag its perfect for laptops and costs about €25.00.It also has loads of storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I got a nice one from pc-world for €50.

• Advertisement
Advertisement