Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US]24, Day5, Hour21, (3am-4am) [Spoilers]

Options
  • 09-05-2006 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

wow!

Savage intro...didn't think the budget would stretch to it and at times it as a tad weak but w00t!

Vg episode again.

Logan's scenes stole it for me really. Toward the end, he had the case and a single glass of whiskey. Perfect for me.

I really really hope Jack gets his hands on Miles. Miserable **** :mad:

Bierco looks to be on his way to freedom again.

3 hours to go...can't wait!

5*

[US]24, Day5, Hour21, (3am-4am) [Spoilers] 24 votes

5*
    0%
    4*
    45%
    kaimerajor elLFCFanTimTimSmurfpisscregserpucanSparkyJohnnyrazcowardJack Bauer 11 votes
    3*
    37%
    Mossy MonkMr EunkelAquos76omahaidmasterKShaneggggwhosedaddy?L31mr0d 9 votes
    2*
    16%
    spanner_headTheStrandRoadsmik_da_mantvnutz 4 votes
    1*
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

4*
    So, how was Boston. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

4*
    Sparky-s wrote:
    So, how was Boston. :)

Overrated really.

All teh travel is getting to me ya know. Not sure how I'm gonna keep it up when the exams start next Monday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

3*
    damn

thought we had a dead president :mad:
    i tooi await a Miles/Jack showdown. can see the slimy little **** die

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

3*
    hmmm.. i'll give it a 4. good, but not THAT good.
    Had a look at the promo... can't wait !!!

Myles - what an opportunistic p$%ck.
    Wonder what Bierko is up to - surely not just go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

4*
    Yeah the only let down was Myles being predictable. But the way it ended, by completely nullifying the purpose of the last several episodes, didn't leave me thinking that it was a cheap trick by the writers (as I normally would).

I really enjoyed this one. 5/5 for me. I thought Gregory Itzin's (Logan) acting has been superb this season - especially this ep.

After seeing Kiefer Sutherland on Jonathan Woss I wonder wether the real "lonely dying-for-a-woman" Kiefer is showing through when Jack is around Audrey?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

4*
    Wow, that's a 5* from me anyway for Greg Itzin's (Logan) scenes alone. Only one finger of whiskey though, if I was going to kill myself then I think I'd have a bit more ;)

That's the end of the tape too I guess. I can't believe that nobody made a copy of that damn tape after all the trouble they've had with it.

So I guess the last few episodes will come back to Henderson giving up Logan and also whatever is going on with Bierko. Also Myles has to die like the snivelling little toad he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

2*
    For some reason I don't feel that impressed with this weeks.
    Maybe it was becuase I thought the president would shoot himself and oh no Miles will sort out the tape. The slimey git!

Its gets 3 *** from me.

Promo looks interesting for next week -
    Bierko escapes so there will be some havoc

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

3*
    A 4 from me this week. A good episode but tbh I was expecting a bit more. The promo looks excellent for next week. With regards to myles, he is a bastard. Cant wait for Jack to get a hold of him.

Also good to see
    Aaron back
    in the next episode.

4*
    I havn't watched it yet, why do you make me trail through all of this.....whyyyyyy?

Actually I only give it the once over, I have a good read when I've seen it.

Damn cousins. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

3*
    4 for me

Agree with most bits and bobs mentioned there ^^

Silly the recording wasn't broadcast / copied / secured

Excellent acting by Mr President

Good poker showdown on the seals roadblock

About miles? Might look like an ar$ehole but dunno. Remember most seemingly baddies were goodies after all and died a hero's death in previous 24 days? Any comments?
    Sparky-s wrote:
    Damn cousins. :)

Don't you blame them! My cousins pressed record on their VCR within 10 seconds of me talking to them. They stopped the tape at the end of the show and dispatched the physical tape to me immediately. The couriers only took about 20 minutes to deliver it to me. Now that is at least 20 times faster than the fastest airplane the world has ever seen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

3*
    unkel wrote:
    Silly the recording wasn't broadcast / copied / secured

Agreed, it's been the one thing that has annoyed me over the last few weeks, why doesn't he just playback the tape and hold his phone up to it so somebody can record it at the other end. With all the technology they have surely this is a no brainer.

Also when jack got back to CTU with the recording and gave it to O'Brien, the way they all just disappeared and left her alone with it was just unrealistic, surely after all the effort to get the recording they'd have it guarded better than the crown jewels.

Still a good episode though, a 4 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

4*
    Haven't seen the preview but can we be sure Chloe didn't make a backup?

Surely if she was working with the recording something would have popped up on screen wrt him tampering with it no?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm giving it a 4. It gains marks for the landing of a frickin' plane on a motorway - that was great!

It loses marks for the tape not being immediately secured, backed up, copied before it got to CTU etc. I mean seriously... But then why do I expect "24" to be logical - it's bonkers and lacking reality in so many ways...

Thought Logan was great this week - some good acting and the look of desperate hope in his beady little eyes when Miles rang was good. He must go but I'm glad he's not gone yet. And what's with Julian Sands? Something going on there...

And finally Miles - hah. Knew he was bad news. But why are people worried about him wiping the tape - just get Chloe to open a socket and retrieve it. Has anyone else noticed that all tech problems can be solved by Chloe opening a socket? Definitely one to add to a '24' drinking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

jor el wrote:

That's the end of the tape too I guess. I can't believe that nobody made a copy of that damn tape after all the trouble they've had with it.

Don't know why Jack didn't just "upload to his PDA", he was doing that a lot this season :D

Great episode though, this season is just one great hour after another...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

4*
    Because the PDA might have exploded!

I just knew the tapes days were numbered when they said to put Chloe working on the tape on her own and even thought that maybe Chloe was next for the chop but surely they couldn't do that, could they :(

So what now, without the evidence against Logan Jack is fairly screwed. He'll have to be arrested as per the President's orders. Karen, Chloe and Bill will also be in trouble for helping him. Unless of course Jack just grabs Myles by the balls and throws him through a window or something. They still have Henderson of course plus there's whatever will happen with Bierko.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

"If u don't land this Plane I WILL!!!"

Class episode. I thought the scene with logan and the gun/whiskey was superb.

4*
    But maybe jack recorded another one, afaik the think that got handed over on the plane looked different to what I seen when Chloe was working on it.

Unless I need to look closer.

Btw, that red thing, what has it done, corrupted all the data?

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

4*
    I reckon Miles was holding a Strong Magnet in his hand which is why he put his hand close to the recording. Maybe the reason for not making a copy of the recording is that it wouldn't be admissable as evidence because it wasn't the original?? Excellent episode all the same. Can't wait to see how all this pans out. And Heller is still alive. He's deffo gonna be the next Pres :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

2*
    Ah i was annoyed with this episode. There was some good stuff,with Jack trying to land the plane,and Logan nearly shooting himself...great acting there.

But then comes the annoying aspects that made this episode one of the weakest of the season. I am presuming Miles wiped the recording with that device,so the plot that has taken up the last half a dozen episodes or so is completely null. Not to mention you could see the Miles thing coming a mile off. I really hope Jack knee-caps him,I like when jack knee-caps people :)

Then Bierko,his little nod to the driver of the van suggests we have another mole (he may be a minor one,but seriously! CTU has to be the worst government agency when it comes to security! And therefore Bierko will escape...*yawn* It is just so annoying. Remember last year when the Mummy terrorist guy was captured several times only to escape several times! Why do they feel the need to transfer prisoners? Its just asking for an escape ambush to happen :D

3/5 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

after soem technical difficulties with my... cousins too, i just saw it there now.

i was disappointed with the Miles thing too, saw it a mile off. but i was HOPING they'd surprise me and he wouldnt do anything.

or... that he was recording his conversation wiht the president to create even more evidence..

but i dont think so!

However i liked the whole plane thing. and i gave Curtis a round of applause for getting past the army guys. i loved Jack's "i'll just look down.. they'll never know"

i think i'd give it a 3.5/5

i really wish Logan would just shoot himself..

and i thoguht he was gonna shoot his lovely lady wife too! =O

but he didnt.. didnt even take the gun with him!

anyway im rambling.

pretty good. coulda been better tho. hopefully the final few will live up to this seasons potential!

• Advertisement
Advertisement