Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi Laptop

Options
  • 09-05-2006 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Aldi have a laptop for sale from Thursday for 1099. I'm a computer chump so looking for advice. Is it worth a look?

www.aldi.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Magown3

looks good to me. Note that the screen is just 12 inches which some people will either love or hate... I like it

Here's the link to the laptop:
    http://www.aldi.ie/special_buys/product_1911.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Nollaig53

not much of bargain unless you need a high spec laptop, also haven't heard too good of feedback from people for the previous Aldi laptops, you could get 2 dells for this and still have change. Really don't understand peopel spending thousands on laptops, and then use them for 10% of what they are capable of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nollaig53 wrote:
    not much of bargain unless you need a high spec laptop, also haven't heard too good of feedback from people for the previous Aldi laptops, you could get 2 dells for this and still have change. Really don't understand peopel spending thousands on laptops, and then use them for 10% of what they are capable of.

I don't understand where you are coming from either, that Aldi Laptop has some nice extras but is definately not "high spec", if you tried to play any new games on it, it would choke and die ;)

But I agree with the people buying powerful laptops when they don't need them - in work recently my mother was given a 1.8 Pentium M with 1gb ram and 128mb gfx - and all she uses it for is word processing, email and a few other minor packages that would run on a 500mhz machine! If only I had money to throw around like that...

Advertisement