Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Muse song...

Options
  • 09-05-2006 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

... is remarkably different, and dare I say... crap. :(

Reminds me of the god-awful Scissors Sisters or something.

http://mapage.noos.fr/museandamuse2/smbh/smbh.html

What do people (Muse fans in particular) think? Its apparently released online tomorrow, album to follow on July 3rd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Jeez, I used to think these guys were intelligent, but they haven't a clue.

I can foresee the backlash against the band, but at least the Radiohead comparisons can be laid to rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I wouldn't say it means they aren't intelligent. I've heard plenty of the rest of the album and this is certainly a "standout" track, though not in a particularly good way. Won't stop me gettin the album, but I won't be getting the single.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm afraid I must concur with my good friend Joe. I don't I've been so disappointed in something since Xavi did his cruciate in December. Here's hopin for the rest of the new stuff....

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Wow, that was ummmm... s*ite

Complete departure from previous songs, hope the rest of the album sounds more familiar. That song was truly awful, like a song Justin Timberlake rejected. Didn't like that at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

I am an avid Muse fan..and..

I have to admit that i quite like this song..love the crunchy music.i think after a few more listens it will get even better..Yeah it is different to their past exploits..but all things change right? thats the beauty of it.

Muse don't seem like the kind of band that will stick to the same formula over and over again..its good to explore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I think its horribly dull to expect the same thing from a band for every single album..Matthew is a brilliant musician..(and the others aswell)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I have to say I've always had a soft spot for Muse, but this is bad. New directions are good, but this kind of *** chart rock is bad. I wouldn't go as far as saying they sold out before listening to the rest of the album. But this is a song I'll be skipping anyway.

Am I the only one who wants to see some jazz albums? Dream Theater say they're going for something different next time around, and Muse too, and I really want some jazz influenced material from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'm all for new departures and maybe this song will grow on me but and the momoent its just bad, they are so much better than this.

Its good to shake things up a bit.Nothings worse than having comfortable fans.
    And..

"In an MTV interview, Bellamy said that he wants the next Muse album to be more "upbeat". While Absolution and Origin of Symmetry were characterized by lyrics with a dramatic melancholy and apocalyptic feel, on the next album Bellamy is looking to "draw on things like optimism and hope". The intention is to expose this side of the band's music, and the strength which carried the bandmembers through the difficult times following the death of Dominic Howard's father."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

“It’s the most different to anything we’ve ever done. We’ve had some Belgian influences: Millionaire, dEUS, Evil Superstars, Soulwax… These groups were the first to mix R&B rhythms with alternative guitar. We’ve added a bit of Prince and Kanye West. The drumbeat isn’t rocky, with Rage Against The Machine riffs underneath. We’ve mixed a lot of things in this track, with a bit of electronica; it’s different, slow, quite funny…”

- Matt on "Super Massive Black Hole"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

/shrug ..i sorta like it, it's not a milllion miles away from their previous work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I rate the song 6/10. Sounds like what a cross of the Dandy Warhols and Scissor Sisters would do. I hope that the song isn't representative of the whole style of the album...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

ehhh..... Eeek!!

Maybe it's a grower! And, and, maybe the rest of the album is really different?? :(

I like the song but for Muse it's not good, not good at all. Btw I hope the Slane rumour is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

I've been a fan since Showbiz, love everything they've done, but I can't get into that song. Its just... crap. I know its not a good thing to stagnate in one place but that's no defence for this song, its just quite simply a poor song. I'm very disappointed but I'll still probably get the album because I've been a fan from the start so I'll have to give them their chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

Nooo God like that's terrible :(

I'm shocked just think about Bliss, Spiral Static, Space Dementia and Citizen Erased

and then

Listen to that crap again

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Frankster4

It's not a bad song imo but not up to the Muse standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Frankster4

scrap that. this song just stays in your head :D

Advertisement