Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes stores laptop problem

Options
  • 08-05-2006 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

I bought one of the 899 laptops in dunnes last month. But everynow and then at random the keyboard and mouse stop working. The laptop itself continues to run. Has anyone else had a problem like this?. And of course I've lost the reciept but I think in still has fujitsu siemens warrenty. Its an AMILO A1650G btw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Put a call into the FSC helpdesk, 1850 777 377 you'll need the serial number of the laptop they will be able to tell thats it's still in warranty.

Sounds like a software problem though

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

All pricey items such as computers, washing machines, microwaves, ovens etc... carry a type of hidden warrenty that not alot of people know about. I can't remember what the name of it is (i just remember it from my leaving cert a couple of years back) but it basically goes something like this. Say you by a laptop for 899 with a warrenty of 3 months. When that warrenty expires you are still covered by law for an amount of time. The reason being that an expensive item such as a laptop should have a longer life expectancy than just 3 months.

Going by this, you should be able to get something done since your laptop is faulty. All you need to do know is try and find some proof of purchase....

Good Luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

He doesnt need the receipt just his serial number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Usually I would think it would be a software problem, But the problem happened before I ever put any programs on the laptop(just the pre installed stuff). I check on the fujitsu siemens website and it still under warranty. I'll give them a ring
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I have the same laptop and found the same problem. I updated the drivers for the touchpad, you can find them on the Fujitsu Siemens support website. Since then I haven't had the problem but as it's only been a couple of days I can't say for sure whether it has definitly worked given that it's an intermittant problem which seems to happen at random. The readme file for the updated driver did mention something about solving the lock up issue so hopefully it does.

• Advertisement

Cheers Despatch I'll give it a go. Did your keyboard stop working too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

DingDong wrote:
    Cheers Despatch I'll give it a go. Did your keyboard stop working too?

Yeah it was exactly as you described. At first I thought the whole system was crashing but then I just happened to be on a website where the page was set to refresh itself every 2 mins. When I saw the page refresh I knew it must be something else. I think I still have the driver setup files at home so if you want to PM me your email address I'll send them on to you so you don't have to go searching for them.

pm sent cheers

Advertisement