Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 6 Mafia

Options
  • 08-05-2006 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

I've liked the Southern sound for ages now but only recently got into Three 6 mafia. They have a great style that defines The southern sound IMO. great MCs aswell.

Anyone else like there guys if so can you recommend and older albums of theres.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Their last album was trash.Brutal MC's,with the odd pieces of good production.

I would suggest anyone looking for their Southern fix look towards Cunninlynguists,Outkast,Scarface,Goodie Mob and Chamillionaire.

BTW the southern sound is one of the worst things to hit Hip-Hop since NWA trumpeted gangsterism or since LL started doing tracks for the 'girls'.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Orizio wrote:
    Their last album was trash.Brutal MC's,with the odd pieces of good production.

I would suggest anyone looking for their Southern fix look towards Cunninlynguists,Outkast,Scarface,Goodie Mob and Chamillionaire.[/QUOTE

Like Outkast and Scarface heard Chamillionaire on Paul Walls stuff, quite good.
    Orizio wrote:
    BTW the southern sound is one of the worst things to hit Hip-Hop since NWA trumpeted gangsterism or since LL started doing tracks for the 'girls'.[/QUOTE

Opinions my friend, theres a reason that southern artists are selling records... some people like the sound, and I'm one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Orizio wrote:
    or since LL started doing tracks for the 'girls'.

very true, LL's early stuff was pretty hot, radio, jack the ripper etc... classic old skool tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

It is all opinions,and in my opinion the south are selling records because they are making the most ignorant and trashy music possible,that resembles disco crap more then Hip-Hop.In fact that artists that are selling the most just gave a huge '**** you' to the Hip-Hop community and sold out to a pack of teenage girls and club goers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

three six mafia are decent however i have to agree that their last album was trash

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote:
    In fact that artists that are selling the most just gave a huge '**** you' to the Hip-Hop community and sold out to a pack of teenage girls and club goers.

Isn't Club music a part of the hip hop community, I mean every Hip Hop artist from whatever part of the US has some songs that are Club songs.

And their are Loads of Southern acts that Haven't "Sold out" and only appeal to "Teenage girls", the southern sound may have some artists that aren't lyrically the best thing in Hip hop but over all its a Unique style of hip hop that works without selling out.

Orizio wrote:
    It is all opinions,and in my opinion the south are selling records because they are making the most ignorant and trashy music possible,that resembles disco crap more then Hip-Hop.In fact that artists that are selling the most just gave a huge '**** you' to the Hip-Hop community and sold out to a pack of teenage girls and club goers.

Umm-Hmmm....you go girlfriend!!!!:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭mazroo

hmmmm i just cant listen to ALL of the artists above.. They have good flow yes... god beats yes.. but PLLLLEEEASE can they at least get a bit inventive with their lyrics.. I DO like the bubble gum stuff from time to time.. ye cant say it doesnt work.... yep..its all down to taste really.. i just CANT get it.. I supose i have to find somethin about a track to relate to.. I find 3 6 mafia camillionaire paul wall ect... same flow same beats .. its just plain boring to me.. NOPE.. nothin init for me... what does everyone think of jurasic 5??? i only heard their stuff recently!!!!! where was I??:eek:

Jurassic 5 are class, Only have one album but I'm gonna get more. Quality Control is Simpily Quality!

yeah i'm a fan of j5 too. first 2 albums were quality (pardon the use of the term:D ), third album wasn't quite as good, power in numbers, but still has some great tracks on it. if you like them you could also check out chali 2na's album, fish market. also both the DJ's, Numark, album "hands on" has some great stuff on it, hip-hop artists from all over the world, and Cut Chemist, his albums with DJ Shadow, "Brainfreeze" and "Product Placement" (not exactly hip-hop) are both superb, probably quite difficult to get your hands on now though. the two of them also have an album which is a live performance they did, "Live at the Variety Arts Centre, 1997", it's excellent with much more hip-hop content then the albums with Shadow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

Scarface is the best southern rapper imo, but i'm sure you know his stuff.
    He had a group called Facemob who brought out a tune called The Other Side, have a look for it if you don't knowit. It'd be my favourite Southern tune along with Minds Playin Tricks On ME by Geto Boys.

Advertisement