Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaining copyright

Options
  • 08-05-2006 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what the simplest method is to gain copy right on a piece of text you have written.
    I remember overhearing ages ago that all you have to do is send it by registered post to yourself but i'm not sure?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Easiest way is to send a copy by registered post to yourself and sign across the seal on the envelope, not opening it unless required to do so by law in case of a dispute, I think. There's a sticky about it towards the top of the page anyway. Check that out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

aah sorry, didn't see the sticky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 aidjtk

Copyright happens once you right it down in some written form the problem is proof. send a registered letter to yourself with a copy inside and thats all the proof you need. A distinguishing mark on the envelope will help for identification purposes but how many times would you receive a big thick envelope.(write the address in your own handwriting, if you need to distinguish it)

Advertisement