Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boost power to Audi A4

Options
  • 08-05-2006 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi
    Anyone know where I can get help boosting power to my A4 1.9tdi? I'm in the Limerick region ... ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

Hi
    Anyone know where I can get help boosting power to my A4 1.9tdi? I'm in the Limerick region ... ?

http://www.logicautomotive.ie/ Do remapping cost 400 euro.

Goin to get it done my self on a passet if I ever find the one I want:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ballinloughan

.. Is there any place in the Limerick area that I could get TDI mods done? I was trying to keep away from remapping and use a chip as I may want to change cars next year ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

I got my PD130 Passat remapped by www.turbotech.ie in Bray. I'm not that gone on having a big box saying "Tuning Box" under my bonnet, especially in the event of an accident. My map in undectectable, even by the VW dealer!

I know the remap is a permanent mod, but it really gets the best out of the car. Every map he does is different for each car.

I haven't RR'd it yet but at an estimate it's now 170bhp and 350 ft/lbs torque.
    Recently I embarrassed a MK4 PD150 golf, and I had three extra passengers!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Give this guy a shout www.griffinmotortuning.net he's based in nenagh only 30 mins from limerick city. He'll fit it for you no problem. You'd have to contact him for a price as it differs from car to car. I got my 2l Mondeo done recently, took it from 115bph to 140. Only 400 with a plug and play tuning box which can be taken off in 2 mins if needs be.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My advise would be to just go out and buy a faster car...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

The remap is not permanent. Its just a different software being used by the ECU. You can always go back if you want to the standard ECU afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

Zascar wrote:
    My advise would be to just go out and buy a faster car...

Are you just being sarcastic? With his car (I'm assuming a pd engine) mapped there wouldn't be another petrol car with similar performance that will have the economy and drivability of a mapped tdi!
    ando wrote:
    The remap is not permanent. Its just a different software being used by the ECU. You can always go back if you want to the standard ECU afaik

It's still gonna cost another couple hundred yoyo to get the original map put in again. The proper mappers are charged each time they use their software to map a car. Afaik they have ten days to map the car, after that they are charged again.

Advertisement