Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dashboard issues

Options
  • 08-05-2006 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have an xecuter 2 chip installed and had a evox dashboard running on it until I downloaded the Autoinstaller v3.0 and tried to setup the newer versions of certain apps.

I reformatted the HD and put the hacked dashboards on the c drive.
    I selected evox as the first dash and MS as the second..but
    Problem is now I Just boot to the normal XBOX dash by default.
    How do I set it up so that I get the option to go to the modified dash eg. Avalaunch (by pressing the power on button) or the MS Dash (By pressing the eject Disc button) ?
    I can launch the applications such as Linux Dash manually if I leave the Autoinstaller disc in at boot and go to the file manager. ??

Sorry if the info is a bit vague but please help..
    Many thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

ok I've managed to get Avalaunch to boot up now and have a number of Apps installed. My issue now is when Avalaunch is displayed if I try and open the cd tray it powers off ?
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Well is Avalaunch booting from the DVD ?
    If that's the case when you remove the CD it's gonna power off. Sorta like taking the hard-drive out of a PC when you're loading it up and expecting it to boot up your OS..

Nope I formatted the C drive and just installed Avalaunch on that ..so When i boot up without a cd in the drive it brings me straight to Avalaunch menu..
    I can navigate the different options with ease but when I try and put in a dvd or game it just powers off...
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

from the top of my head..

Isnt there a boot path that you have to specify/load/flash onto the chip if you want to have it booting different dashboards i.e when the eject button is pressed and when the power button's pressed..

Is there anything in the documentation for the xecuter2 for changing bootpaths.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

What bios do you have installed on your X2??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

I remember seeing that the xecutor2 uses a config.ini file on C or E. There's a line in it that you can edit to turn off ROE (reset on eject). remember 1=yes and 0=no when you edit the line.

GREAT Thanks for all your help guys ..i'm back in action :D

Advertisement