Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolf boy howling at the start? Not Sure

Options
  • 08-05-2006 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

There used to be a series on ITV in the 80s that was a drama about a teenager on the run. Not sure of all the details but I think it was native american kid who thought he killed a bully so he went on the run. Somebody is looking for him so he keeps running. THere was a howling wolf and for some reason I thought it was called wolf boy but it appears not any ideas

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Joey and Redhawk.I dunno if he'd killed the bloke but he was being pursued by a gang of bullies what were gonna get him "but good".His sidekick was called joey who may or may not have been one of the bullies at one stage(my memory is hazy)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

Your description sounds right but I looked up "Joey and Redhawk" and that seems to be a different show altogether

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

does this sound right?

was first presented as 5-part CBS Afternoon Playhouse in 1978. Joey (Chris Peterson) is a white, middle-class Ohio boy. Redhawk (Guillermo San Juan) is a Colorado Apache. Redhawk runs away from home after being taunted by punks; meanwhile, Joey is vacationing in Rockies with father. The fugitive Redhawk helps Joey and his dad when they're injured and leads them out of wilderness. After dealing with a Ben Gunn-style recluse and a Mountain Lion, all is well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

THe dad bit sounds wrong and I remeber it as aseries not just 5 parts long. It was on after the Beachcombers on ITV the way I remeber it. I could be wrong. If I saw a still from the opening credits I would know.

Advertisement