Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many seasons ?

Options
  • 08-05-2006 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

So How many seasons of this are planned ?
    Will 3 be the last ? or is there gonna be a 4th ? or even a 5th ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd say it'll have as many seasons as however long the manage to drag it out. I don't think there was a set number planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'd say it'll have as many seasons as however long the manage to drag it out. I don't think there was a set number planned.
    Lost. The new Friends/Simpsons.

Lost. The new Friends/Simpsons.

I was thinking more along the lines of The X Files, where the plot was so dragged out it lost all coherence, and eventually, lost all fans.

I really do wish that a writer would actually sit down and have a definite idea about where the story is going, rather than just coming up with a premise, and let the story wander indefinitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

I was thinking more along the lines of The X Files, where the plot was so dragged out it lost all coherence, and eventually, lost all fans.

I really do wish that a writer would actually sit down and have a definite idea about where the story is going, rather than just coming up with a premise, and let the story wander indefinitely.

Absolutely, I mean its great now in season 2 , but I can see it going down
    in seasons 3/4.

Also Lost is different from the X Files as in the X files had a "background story " going on but some eps were just filler eps, so you could drop in on it
    anytime and follow an episode, but with Lost you need to be following it,
    so its even more important here to get an exact outcome.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Javier Grillo- Marx has said before that they had it planned out over a 3 season story arc, but the networks don't care about that. They will drag it out as long as they can, even if they lose JJ and everyone else along the way. So it's not the current crews fault if it ends up being 10 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I don't think the actors would wanna work much past a fourth season, it would be a real drag for them aswell as the fans to go over that.
    I mean, they're in Hawaii, a long way from home for all of them and I doubt they'd be expected or would want to stay there for that long.
    Many of them would also want to work on different projects too, seeing as they're all famous now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭slovessmg

Actors in the US sign a five-year contract when they star in a new TV show. This means all the people who were main cast members from the first few episodes can only be "released" by producers and the nework (ABC).
    I think it's the same for the main Execs (ie JJ Abrams). I'm fairly certain I one of the main men said that it would be five seasons long, this was after it's initial success in the States. They have stated many times that they know exactly how it's gonna play out so the end will be the end and the Execs may choose when that is as long as they satisfy any contracts they've signed (they can't end it in season four and leave nothing for a fifth season unless the network agree).

I reckon that Abrams will end it in year five, if it's still as huge as it is now they may offer him truck-loads of money (creator royalties) to get him to allow someone else to continue some part of the story or to start a spin-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

i hate the idea of it being dragged out, just saw episode 20 and its really starting to take off, i cant say why, coz i dont know how to do the spoilers thing, but if they started dragging it out to more than 3 series, id stop watching, what about the rumour of a movie @ the end of this series, they could wrap it up within that time frame, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

i hate the idea of it being dragged out, just saw episode 20 and its really starting to take off, i cant say why, coz i dont know how to do the spoilers thing, but if they started dragging it out to more than 3 series, id stop watching, what about the rumour of a movie @ the end of this series, they could wrap it up within that time frame, right?

thats a lie you'd watch it if it went 5 seasons ill bet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

They could always do a season/series on the Islands previous inhabitants, or on Darma's parent company, or other Darma projects in other areas. Course it would be difficult to pull it off, yet Id prefer to see that rather that too many seasons of the current LOST

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Yes, there's certainly potential for a few spin-offs, if they're done cleverly and are not too closely related to the show. Personally I think in the current format 3 or 4 seasons is an acceptable lifespan and a movie to wrap it all up would be pretty cool.

slovessmg wrote:
    They have stated many times that they know exactly how it's gonna play out so the end will be the end

Thank god for that. Sorry, perhaps it's just the cynic in me thinking the writers have no real plot set out from the beggining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Unfortunately (due to its own success) it's a major franchise now (watch this space for games, spin offs, lunchboxes - ad infinitum) and will run as long as ABC can make money from it (as previously mentioned, the long overrun X-Files). I want it to end at season 3, I know it'll drag on for 7 to 8 seasons though.

Ive just heard its gonna go on for 7 years!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Any links?? Where'd you hear that from?

Ok I heard it from someone who read it in a paper, so it could have been
    a totall rag (Which im sure it was / he's not the brightest crayon in the box)

So it could be bull....but then again as someone said season 1 lasted 40 days
    real time so its very feasible that there could be another 6,7 seasons,
    allthough it would suck especially at how good season 2 is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

but season two only lasted about two weeks in real time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

Now i dont watch Lost, but 2 or 3 seasons on, have they not found whatever it is they're looking for yet? :D . Oh and when it does end theyll probably have a new series... "Found"!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

:D Yeah, it could revolve around the separate (but mysteriously intertwining) lives of Kate, Sawyer, Jack and Hurley with guest appearances from other Lost actors who have found themselves out of work recently. Each week we get a look at Kate on the run, Jack giving surgery and marrying his patients, Sawyer conning people, feeling regret and then not feeling regret and Hurley killing people standing on balconies. The series could have flashbacks to their lives on the island to explain their motives during the episode. This would help cut costs cause all the footage on the island has been shot already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

lol, and of course Walt gets kidnapped/runs away. Then Michael goes on a quest accross america looking for "his boy"

THEY TOOK HIS BOY

THEY DURRKA DURRR (south park)

• Advertisement
Advertisement