Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it last?

Options
  • 07-05-2006 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭

I got a Toshiba laptop 3 years ago for college, the first year I didnt' have internet access and barely used it but it's been used very heavily the last 2 years. It's slower than most people's, and has no wireless ability but other than that it appears to be fine. I was thinking of getting a new laptop soon, as I'd like a bigger screen, wireless, etc, and people are telling me that 3 years is pretty old for a laptop.
    I will be using it very heavily next year for college, essays, etc, so it is important that it doesn't suddenly break down. Is it worth getting a new one now or should I wait another year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

It depends on what you'll be using it for. If its just for typing essays you'll be able to get a good laptop with a wireless card for quite cheap. If you're happy with the one you have, and you dont need any of the extra's that more up to date laptops have, then i wouldn't bother buying a newer one!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

if it can handle the latest software id keep it maybe get some more ram and a wireless card and give it a good defrag

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

As posted as long as it is not doing heavy work it'll last a good while longer. You could easily get to 5 years. After that well ............... :rolleyes:

Advertisement