Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont know how to read this girl?

Options
  • 07-05-2006 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I wanted to post this and see what you guys/gals think. I'm having trouble understanding a girl.....

Right, so I met this girl (I'm 24, she's 22) in the pub about 2 months ago. I was talking to her for a good while, I taught everything was going grand, she was responding well so I asked her out. Straight away she said I cant, I have a boyfriend... so I taught ok no problem and retreated gracefully!

I've seen her on and off since then and talked etc, last week I was talking to her again, getting on really well this time. She was very flirtatious, touching my arm etc laughing at stupid jokes I made throughout the night etc. During the night she came over to my table and asked me to go out with her to have a smoke even though I don’t smoke, I got her number. So we were getting on brilliantly but I knew she had a fella so I said goodnight, me and my mates were going to a nightclub. I taught that was that and I went to the nightclub. Later on, she turns up at the nightclub, huggin me and all, telling me to go over to the area where she was in the club. All my mates were saying she defiantly followed me up?? but she has a boyfriend.... I didn’t make any move and soon went home later

I txted her that night saying I had a laugh and from there the txting began. A week later my inbox is absolutely full of txts from this girl. During the course of the week I blatantly said to her via txt that she was hot and I liked her, and that her boyfriend was a lucky man..... She responded by saying that I'm not bad either, "the girls must be fallin all over you, I would be"....
    She's continuing to txt me since then, she's almost always the one to start the txting conversation.

I really like this girl, her personality is bang on with mine, she even referred to me as being a male version of her at one stage! It’s rare for me to come across a girl like this and I don’t want to let her slip through my fingers, but what do you make of the girl? Is she into me, looking for a bit of excitement, or just being very friendly? She doesn’t talk much about the BF, she said 'we live in north county Dublin', not to sure if that means she's settled with the BF or living with the parents

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It depends what you want out of the situations
    do you want to be the other man ?
    do you want to be ther persson she is textually and emotionally unfaithful with ?
    do you want to be the reason she breaks up with her bf ?
    do you want to be her boyfriend and what are you willing to do or put up with in order for this to happen ?

Maybe you should have a good think about this and then start asking her simular questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

she sounds like a slut tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Do you really want to end up with a girl who would do this to her boyfriend? What makes you think she wouldn't do the same to you?
    I know so many girls like this.
    Yes, she fancies you. Yes, she's encouraging you cos she knows you fancy her and she loves it. But she is still with her boyfriend, so that's as far as she's willing to go.
    Maybe her and her boyf are having problems, and maybe she's keeping you 'in reserve'. But if they are, it's not up to you to break them up. Leave her be, and if they break up anyway, then see what'll happen.
    But maybe they're not having problems at all, and she just loves the attention from you.

I think she sounds selfish and manipulative frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Total pricktease headwrecker by the sounds of it... don't bother unless you enjoy the chase and hassle more than the end result. Treat the whole thing as an ego boost and find another chick!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

NORTHSIDER!!!! leg it mate!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Giles wrote:
    Total pricktease headwrecker by the sounds of it... don't bother unless you enjoy the chase and hassle more than the end result. Treat the whole thing as an ego boost and find another chick!

Going to go with Giles on this one. Run away fast in the other direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭planck2

Here's one for you. Maybe she has broken up with the bf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just leave her be, she said she has a boyfriend yet she was all over you in the club. Do you want to go out with someone who doesnt look like she wants to be with one person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Giles wrote:

I'd go for this answer...
    What's she at tbh?
    You should cut to the chase and say you like her blah blah, but you're not in the mood to waste a few weeks/months chasing a dead end.

Any which way you go about it, I reckon you'll be best served by playing it kool. If you don't seem too eager to play her little games she might consider her options a little closer, and you might be able to get STUCK IN

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Here's what I'd do in your situation. And you're not me, I'm just saying what I would do.

When she told you to go over to her area of the club, you should have went and got off with her. Then started txting her a small bit, and try to get off with her again the next night she's out. If at any stage she wasn't buying what you're selling, forget about her (can be hard I know), stop txting her and waste your credit on some other chick. Still say 'Hi' and be polite to her when she's out, if you start being a complete dick to her (something I'm guilty of, i'm only human) you'll blow all chances in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

chump wrote:
    ...., but you're not in the mood to waste a few weeks/months chasing a dead end.

and if you are in the mood for that, (which i would be), just dont let yourself fall in love with her

Advertisement