Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and white crosses at road junctions.

Options
  • 06-05-2006 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice the 6 white crosses with one black cross in the center at some major junctions around certainly the south east anyway? What are the for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

they were put up cos the government had some poles and signs left over and it was cheaper to put them up rather than store them somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

they were put up cos the government had some poles and signs left over and it was cheaper to put them up rather than store them somewhere

but of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

OP,
    I assume you are looking for a serious answer. Sadly, posting the question in the After Hours forum instead of the more apt Motors or Commuting and Transport forum will only warrant smart arsed answers like the one already given.
    Typical smart arsed answer.
    Sadly I do not know the answer but hopefully if you request the post to be moved you may have a better chance of getting a decent answer.
    Kippy

but of course!

every night i go out drinking you're always out, bleeding alco :D

kippy wrote:
    OP,
    I assume you are looking for a serious answer. Sadly, posting the question in the After Hours forum instead of the more apt Motors or Commuting and Transport forum will only warrant smart arsed answers like the one already given.
    Typical smart arsed answer.
    Sadly I do not know the answer but hopefully if you request the post to be moved you may have a better chance of getting a decent answer.
    Kippy

:rolleyes: take a chill pill bill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Post reported to be moved.

every night i go out drinking you're always out, bleeding alco :D

Who da funk is Fighting Irish??!

Who da funk is Fighting Irish??!

Andrew Roche ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Andrew Roche

OMGLOL I NO UR NAEM!!1!
    IL HAX0R U ROFLZ!!1!ONE!!

Spike wrote:
    OMGLOL I NO UR NAEM!!1!
    IL HAX0R U ROFLZ!!1!ONE!!

:rolleyes: goyou.jpg

• Advertisement

Andrew Roche ;)

Ah mister Roche we meet again! So you cant spread any light on these crosses? No? Well then you shut uuupppppppp!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Anyone else notice the 6 white crosses with one black cross in the center at some major junctions around certainly the south east anyway? What are the for?
    Probably where someone was killed in an accident?

Yeah I thought that too. But I know two of the junctions very well and there wasnt anyone killed at them in my lifetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Pfungstadter

In South Australia they place a black pole where some one died on the road and a red one where someone was injured nin a crash.

These are tiny crosses, actually made a mistake above, there is a black flag in the centre with white crosses either side. Its a very small display, ill try get a pic later.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

In South Australia they place a black pole where some one died on the road and a red one where someone was injured nin a crash.
    I wonder has anyone ever lost control of their vehicle, crashed into one of those poles and been killed as a result :eek:

Advertisement